Young Arms doing it for us - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Young Arms doing it for us

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Young Arms doing it for us

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:46 am

Is everyone else completely impressed with our young arms these days?

Halladay and Lilly, our 1 and 2 pitcher, on the DL and our bullpen exhausted and these kids come out and give one quality start after another. Bush, Towers, Chacin and McGowan are battlers, that means a lot to me.

Now if only the bats could spread out the runs a little and not score them all in one game :*)
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:00 am

i think the one guy who has really impressed me is josh towers. maybe cuz i didn't really expected anything from him coming into the season and cuz he sucked all of his career. :-b but he has done a great job IMO.

i didn't watch his last outing against the O's, but it's not everyday we see a CG shutout anymore.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:15 am

Dave Bush has really impressed me. I knew all the time he had the talent but he never put it together. It finally looks like he's pitching to his potential and like you said he's helpin the Jays.

Now all we need is our young bats to start hitting some more.. !+)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby sportsguy80 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:15 pm

all those guys have impressed me they step up when the time is needed and they battle out there.

But we really need the bats to heat up how many times did we have the bases loaded lat nigt and couldnt get anything out of it

Owner of the Toronto Blue Jays in the Strike Zone Dynasty
sportsguy80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby mweir145 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:37 pm

sportsguy80 wrote:all those guys have impressed me they step up when the time is needed and they battle out there.

But we really need the bats to heat up how many times did we have the bases loaded lat nigt and couldnt get anything out of it

Well only once with the bases loaded but they wasted a few chances with RISP before that..
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Re: Young Arms doing it for us

Postby mweir145 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:39 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Is everyone else completely impressed with our young arms these days?

Halladay and Lilly, our 1 and 2 pitcher, on the DL and our bullpen exhausted and these kids come out and give one quality start after another. Bush, Towers, Chacin and McGowan are battlers, that means a lot to me.

Now if only the bats could spread out the runs a little and not score them all in one game :*)

You are forgetting Downs, I don't care what anybody says, that guy has a whole lot of talent. He just shut down Detroit on Thursday.

It's amazing how the Jays have been able to play .500 baseball since Doc left. (17-16).
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:46 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Is everyone else completely impressed with our young arms these days?

You are forgetting Downs, I don't care what anybody says, that guy has a whole lot of talent. He just shut down Detroit on Thursday.

No - I felt bad about not including Downs but the title of the thread was "young" pitchers. Downs is almost 30 and has been the definition of a journeyman for his career. Great outing though and I hope that he keeps it up and we don't need to put Walker back in the rotation.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:46 pm

btw - do we need and does anyone want Lilly on this team?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby sportsguy80 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:08 pm

yes and no. when Lilly is on he has great stuff but this year hes been really inconsistent

Owner of the Toronto Blue Jays in the Strike Zone Dynasty
sportsguy80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby mweir145 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:10 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

No - I felt bad about not including Downs but the title of the thread was "young" pitchers. Downs is almost 30 and has been the definition of a journeyman for his career. Great outing though and I hope that he keeps it up and we don't need to put Walker back in the rotation.

30 isn't that old, but he's really only 29.5. ;-7

I just decided to check out the ages of all of them, everyone is really young except for Towers but he isn't really in the long term plans.
Towers: 28.
Bush: 26
McGowan: 23
Chacin: 24
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Toronto Blue Jays