Any news on Carlos Guillen? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Any news on Carlos Guillen?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any news on Carlos Guillen?

Postby dundeeslugger » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:26 pm

I can play Carlos Guillen or JJ Hardy at my SS position. I know it sucks.

Has there been any new news on Guillen?
Should I play Hardy?
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby waterproof » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:48 am

Fanball:

Aug 16 Tigers shortstop Carlos Guillen, who hasn't been in the lineup since August 10 because of a sore knee, will be examined Tuesday, according to the Associated Press.

Views: There's already been a realization that Guillen will play with pain the rest of the season. However, our worry is that he's headed for the disabled list and may shut it down if there are any problems during his exam. It's best, at least at this point, to move him to the bench.
waterproof
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:21 pm

From Rotoworld
Manager Alan Trammell said yesterday that he doesn't think Carlos Guillen (knee) will need a trip to the disabled list.

''After an injury like he's had, you're always wondering, 'Is there anything else?''' Trammell said. ''It depends on what the doctors say, but right now I'm not ready to put him on the DL.''
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Sultans of Squat » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:30 pm

Well, it's official. Trammell apparently doesn't know what he's talking about. I thought Guillen would probably go on the DL, and I was right. Unfortunately, he was 2 days late for me (in my dynasty-like keeper league) as I needed to make a DL move the other day w/ Mike Gonzalez returning and picked up Raffy Soriano to stash in that spot. Wish he'd gone on the DL sooner so I could let Soriano stay quietly hidden away in FA land for a bit longer. In our league, a top setup RP can be as valuable as a middle-of-the-road closer (and possibly more). Oh well, I should just be happy that my bullpen is fairly stacked and my 4 SP starts are doing well so far today...
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates