Who to Start? W. Miller, V. Padilla or T. Hudson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who to Start? W. Miller, V. Padilla or T. Hudson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who to Start? W. Miller, V. Padilla or T. Hudson

Postby g00lag » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:40 am

I am in a head to head league and am ahead in WHIP, ERA and only behind by 6 K's. We are tied in W's and forget about saves. I want to grab the W's and K's catagories.

I am thinking of only starting 1-2 pitchers today of the three, who has the best chance of nabbing a W and at least 6K's, w/o blowing up?

Hudson at home Vs. J. Vazquez (spos)
Padilla on road Vs. P. Wilson (reds)
Miller on road Vs. B. Kim (bosox)

I'm leaning towards starting Hudson and Miller (although the way the bosox have been playing, it's a touch call). Padilla has been hot, but inconsistent.
g00lag
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:18 am

Miller has the best chance of getting lots of K's, but he also faces a very tough Boston offense and might not necessarily get the win. Hudson faces a weak, Vlad-less Expos offense and should be able to get the win if Foulke doesn't blow a save on him again but may not get the K's. Padilla really hasn't been getting that many K's even when he's on this year so I'd consider benching him to preserve ERA and WHIP.

How far ahead are you in ERA and WHIP? If you are far enough ahead to take a possible 5 earned runs in 6 innings from Miller and still win those categories, I would start both Miller and Hudson. If the ERA and WHIP are really close, I would just start Hudson and hope for the win and maybe enough K's.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers