12-0? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

12-0?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12-0?

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:41 pm

We rock. At least we rock a lot more than the Orioles and D-rays.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12-0?

Postby go_jays_go » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:14 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:We rock. At least we rock a lot more than the Orioles and D-rays.

Most definately. I still believe in this year. I have hope.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mweir145 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:36 pm

First time this year, the Jays are 5 games over .500. Does this mean anything?

They just have to keep winning series after series, and they will do fine. Let's see if Bush or McGowan can come up with a win the next 2 days. John Maine(I have no idea who he is) is starting for the Orioles tomorrow.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby sportsguy80 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:51 am

The Jays will sweep (I hope :-o) honeslty i think they'll win 2 out of 3 in this series but who knows the O's have been dismal :-t. Anyways all the Jays basically have to do is focus 1 game at a time and get timely pitching when we need it. We are 5 games Over .500 for the first time and i think we can continue the success throughout this roadtrip and the best part is that we are winning without Doc and Lilly. I think the jays will play good from now until seasons end and with a little luck we may be able to sneak into the playoffs. Its also easier for the Jays to play because they didn't have playoff expectations like Anaheim, New York, Minnesota, and Boston coming into the season so basically we have nothing to lose and if we make the playoffs its a bonus.

A day after Kevin Mench's linedrive broke Doc's leg Gregg Zaun was quoted as saying "Roy is an important part of our team and to see him go down is a big blow but I think we owe it to him for all the things hes done for us" and thats exactly what they are doing ;-D

Owner of the Toronto Blue Jays in the Strike Zone Dynasty
sportsguy80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:08 am

sportsguy80 wrote:The Jays will sweep (I hope :-o) honeslty i think they'll win 2 out of 3 in this series but who knows the O's have been dismal :-t. Anyways all the Jays basically have to do is focus 1 game at a time and get timely pitching when we need it. We are 5 games Over .500 for the first time and i think we can continue the success throughout this roadtrip and the best part is that we are winning without Doc and Lilly. I think the jays will play good from now until seasons end and with a little luck we may be able to sneak into the playoffs. Its also easier for the Jays to play because they didn't have playoff expectations like Anaheim, New York, Minnesota, and Boston coming into the season so basically we have nothing to lose and if we make the playoffs its a bonus.

A day after Kevin Mench's linedrive broke Doc's leg Gregg Zaun was quoted as saying "Roy is an important part of our team and to see him go down is a big blow but I think we owe it to him for all the things hes done for us" and thast exactly what they are doing ;-D

That leads me to another point, without Zaun this year the Jays would be nowhere. I repeat, nowhere. Great move by J.P. signing this guy for 2 years. ;-D If you don't believe me, check the Jays' record in the games in which he's played, and the games he hasn't (although that may be more an indication of how terrible Huckaby really is playing).
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby sportsguy80 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:13 am

I agree zaun is a solid player and JP gave him a chance and it paid off. This year has been a great year for Zaun and if he keeps going at this same pace he should set career highs for many stats ;-D

take a look at his career stats

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/5427/career

Owner of the Toronto Blue Jays in the Strike Zone Dynasty
sportsguy80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:53 am

sportsguy80 wrote:I agree zaun is a solid player and JP gave him a chance and it paid off. This year has been a great year for Zaun and if he keeps going at this same pace he should set career highs for many stats ;-D

take a look at his career stats

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/5427/career

His presence on this team is felt not just with stats(though they are very good).
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:00 am

Sure the Zaun signing is a good move by JP but it is short term and covers up the fact that Quiroz has crapped out and the Jays haven't been able to develop a catcher.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:04 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Sure the Zaun signing is a good move by JP but it is short term and covers up the fact that Quiroz has crapped out and the Jays haven't been able to develop a catcher.

True.

Qurioz has been hitting pretty well lately in triple-A Syracuse. They will probably bring him down in September if they are out of it. I was reading an article on Baseball America and they said he was a "litte pudge". If only he can keep a lung for a full year, we would jave a pretty good catcher, cause Huckaby stinks something fierce.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:38 am

go_jays_go wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Sure the Zaun signing is a good move by JP but it is short term and covers up the fact that Quiroz has crapped out and the Jays haven't been able to develop a catcher.

True.

Qurioz has been hitting pretty well lately in triple-A Syracuse. They will probably bring him down in September if they are out of it. I was reading an article on Baseball America and they said he was a "litte pudge". If only he can keep a lung for a full year, we would jave a pretty good catcher, cause Huckaby stinks something fierce.

I want to call up Huckaby for every series against the Yankees. Maybe next time he can take out A-Rod?

(Huckaby is the guy that planted Jeter right?)
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Next

Return to Toronto Blue Jays