So I'm looking for a new Cell Phone.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

So I'm looking for a new Cell Phone....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So I'm looking for a new Cell Phone....

Postby RynMan » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:47 am

Man I feel American saying "Cell Phone". In Australia we call them Mobile Phones or "Mobiles". Weird. Anyways I want to get a phone that not many people here have (just me trying to be original as usual) and that means looking overseas. Enter my good friend ebay. I was wondering, are there any cool/funky phones that you know of or recommend? Or even for that matter do NOT recommend? I had my eye on the Motorola v80 but apparently it is a P.O.S.

I love phones that have a different way of opening, such as swivel phones, or the keypad drops down from behind the screen. Not a fan of the whole clamb shell design.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: So I'm looking for a new Cell Phone....

Postby MMoNeY24 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:08 am

Sidekicks are pretty nice, but very pricy too. I think they come equipped with AIM and an Internet browser, which doesn't load pages too fast from what I've seen with my friends' - but the AIM and keypad work very well. They're cool to have, but I think I'd rather go the cheaper route. It's definitely a different type of phone (if you can even call it that with all the other features there), but I think companies like Nokia make cheaper phones with a similar style.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: So I'm looking for a new Cell Phone....

Postby RynMan » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:13 am

MMoNeY24 wrote:Sidekicks are pretty nice, but very pricy too. I think they come equipped with AIM and an Internet browser, which doesn't load pages too fast from what I've seen with my friends' - but the AIM and keypad work very well. They're cool to have, but I think I'd rather go the cheaper route. It's definitely a different type of phone (if you can even call it that with all the other features there), but I think companies like Nokia make cheaper phones with a similar style.

Yeah probably should mentioned I would rather keep it under $200 US. I don't care if it has a camera or not, or any of that crap.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Phatferd » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:34 am

I just got a cell phone 3 months ago. I swore them off forever, but finally I caved and realized how much I love the damned things. My only requirement is that it's a flip phone with a caller ID screen on the outside.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:22 am

I just got a cell phone about two weeks ago and I've been loving it. Samsung SPH-a680 is a pretty kick arse phone. Built in camera, Easy to download stuff on it, and i'm loving the voice activated dial. It's a good phone, and it doesn't cost too much. It's a clam-shell opening, but thats something I don't mind.

It's a pretty good phone to me.

Good luck with the search though. ;-)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LooseCannon » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:25 am

LGs look good and they function pretty well......I recommend any version.....

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rirruto » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:27 am

I'm a fan of Motorolas. I've got a Moto v600. Also, I bought a USB cable on eBay to connect my phone and my computer so I can transfer mp3 ringtones, videos, games, and pics to and from without having to buy any of that crap. It's a great phone; photo camera, video playback, Bluetooth connectivity (used for wireless headsets, wireless connections with other Bluetooth phones and computers), speakerphone.

I bought the USB cable on eBay for about 6 or 7 bucks. They are usually around $35 if you buy them at the store and it comes with software. I just downloaded the software (Mobile Phone Tools) off the internet.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:52 am

you may want to check out http://www.howardchui.com/ for some info on phones as well as the forums at http://www.howardforums.com/ for more info and there is also a buy/sell forum there.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby acsguitar » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:55 am

Get one that sprays sleeping gas out of it..You'd be like james bond
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Phatferd » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:04 pm

LooseCannon wrote:LGs look good and they function pretty well......I recommend any version.....

I have the LG 6100. I have 0 complaints.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk