Major league stadiums you've been to? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Major league stadiums you've been to?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dannyolbb » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:13 pm

The Ted
Dodger Stadium
Shea
Fenway
3 rivers
Wrigley
The old one in Cincy (ugh)
The old one in Atlanta (ugh)
Camden Yards
Pro Player
Enron

and more minor league stadiums than I can count.
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:16 pm

Phatferd wrote:
theclefe wrote:
Phatferd wrote:It's not a Major League stadium, but I went to the home of the Indianapolis Indians.

I really enjoyed that stadium, thought it had a lot of character to it. Plus I got to see Izzy Alcantara. I was just hoping he would kick a catcher for my pleasure.

That dude was a pile though. He was their LF and during innings where he wouldnt bat unless they went 7 hitters into the inning, he would just sit in the bullpen on the foul line until they were supposed to go back onto the field.

Is that an independent League?

I am pretty sure. I was in Indy for a week and saw the Norfolk Tides and Toledo Mud Hens come through.

It's the Pirates' AAA affiliate.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Phatferd » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:29 pm

Rirruto wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
theclefe wrote:
Phatferd wrote:It's not a Major League stadium, but I went to the home of the Indianapolis Indians.

I really enjoyed that stadium, thought it had a lot of character to it. Plus I got to see Izzy Alcantara. I was just hoping he would kick a catcher for my pleasure.

That dude was a pile though. He was their LF and during innings where he wouldnt bat unless they went 7 hitters into the inning, he would just sit in the bullpen on the foul line until they were supposed to go back onto the field.

I am pretty sure. I was in Indy for a week and saw the Norfolk Tides and Toledo Mud Hens come through.

Correct, however, when I was there 2-3 years ago it was the Brewers.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rirruto » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:33 pm

Phatferd wrote:
Rirruto wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
theclefe wrote:

So it couldn't have been an independent league.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Phatferd » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:41 pm

Rirruto wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
Rirruto wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
theclefe wrote:

So it couldn't have been an independent league.

You are right I read his question as asking if it was International League.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:45 pm

Hope that I don't miss any but:

Yankee Stadium
Shea Stadium
Fenway Park
Camden Yards
Veteran's Stadium
PNC Park

I think that's it.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby MMoNeY24 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:54 pm

Any Philly fans or non that have been to Citizens Bank? It's probably nice since it's new, but some extra opinions and tips would be great. My cousin's went a few times and he said it's really something to take a driving trip for. He moved out to Philly from NY a couple of years ago and lived there for a year or two, then come back 'cause he hated Pennsylvania, but he got to go to a few pro games for the Phillies, Sixers, and Eagles vs. Giants.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby logan » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:58 pm

never been to CBP but i have been to the vet a couple times. got to see dale murphy play there a long time ago. couple other games as well. and i slept through a dave matthews concert once there. (9 hours of tailgating before a concert=not a good thing ;-) )
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:10 pm

In order of enjoyment. :-)

Busch Stadium
Wrigley Field
SBC Park
Coors Field
Kauffman Stadium
County Stadium
Three Rivers Stadium
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:10 pm

I've been to CBP twice. It's a nice park. I don't like it much, but my friends all say that they like it a lot. There's all kinds of extra junk there. Also, the place is crazy expensive. Prices are expenisve. Food/drink is ridiculous (just like it is everywhere else), tickets are crazy expensive, and the parking is even more awful (both in terms of pricing and convenience). I park in a residential neighborhood maybe a mile or two north (maybe northwest) of the stadium. It's free and the amount of time it takes to get out of the stadium afterwards is about equal. After the game, there are a number of good places to hang out. Oh, and don't try for any autographs. The Phillies players 90% won't give you any (I was sitting one row behind the Phillies dugout. I asked for autographs both before and after the game. I ended up getting ZERO.)

OK, done ranting :-/ .
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk