The Green Monster - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Green Monster

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Green Monster

Postby EnFuego » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:56 pm

I'm going to visit Boston between August 26th-30th (along those days) and during those days Boston is at home...so me and my friends want to buy tickets to one of the games and at the Green Monster. Looking through Ebay...tickets go for 1000 dollars for the Green Monster and supposely really hard to find (sold out?). So, basically if I want to get tickets to August 26th against DET...can I go to the ticket box office there at Fenway or buy online at the Red Sox website, green monster tickets? And how much do they usually go for.
EnFuego
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:10 pm

Yeah try going to http://www.soldoutforyears.com

I hear they have the best deals.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby This is the year » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:13 pm

No way man. You can be sure that there are no monster seats left at the box office. The only way to get tickets like that is to go through the (as you said, very expensive) secondary market. My recommendation is that if you've never been to the Fens before, buy the cheapest bleacher or SRO tickets you can find on ebay and just move around a couple times to get the view from all angles. The won't let you go up on the monster, but at least you can roam around and check out the whole park. Usually you can even move to field level box seats in the 8th inning or after.
This is the year
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rirruto » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:13 pm

I would try StubHub

http://stubhub.com/?genre_id=4322

Umm, and good luck with finding Green Monster tix :-D 8-o
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Dice » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:32 pm

Go during the morning and take the $10 tour of the ballpark. You ain't getting no monster seats without parting with your first born child.
Dice
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Matthias » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:32 pm

you have two options for fenway tickets (unless you're willing to spend the grand, monster tickets are right out). oh, and pretty much (if not all) every red sox home game is sold out already. that's what you get with a small stadium and a popular team. but, you have two options:

1) the ballclub reserves 200 tickets for day-of-game walkup sales. to get them, you have to line up outside the ticket office 2-3 hours before game time. they also sell blocks of seats that have been returned or not used for whatever reason (say, the away team doesn't give away all their allocation). means you have to line up ahead of time and is pretty hit or miss. but you do get them at face value, no surcharges.

2) spend $50 and get a red sox replay membership (you can find it on redsox.com if you snoop around the buy ticket link/page). here, season ticket holders who aren't going to make a particular game tender their tickets back to the franchise. the franchise sells them for pretty much face value, 10% or so markup. one thing i've noticed, though, is that there will hardly be any tickets for sale for longer than 30 seconds before they're purchased (by ticket resellers, i'm guessing). but the day before and moreso the day of the game, there's generally tickets: whether it's fans realizing johnny's swimming lessons are that day or it's a scumbag reseller who couldn't find someone to pay triple face, don't know. my guess is the latter. but you do see a scarcity of tickets, and then right beforehand, a glut. and oh, you will see some great tickets here sometimes. but the great seats are pricey, even at just face.

fyi, tickets at stubhub and ebay and what not are typically priced, as i mentioned above, about 2.5-3.0+ times face value. it's a real kick in the nuts when you're spending $65 for $19 bleacher seats.

good luck!
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:40 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Yeah try going to http://www.soldoutforyears.com

I hear they have the best deals.

Man I actually went there! Jerk! :-t j/k
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero