24 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:51 am

so my wife and I started renting season 1 on Sunday. Love the show overall but there seems to be too many plot holes. We still have 4 episodes to watch but so far I ahve the following questions:

1. Why would the terrorists hire idiots like Dan and Rick? I wouldn't hire people I didn't know for kidnapping and then retain them to watch the hosties.
2. Why did they wait so long to kidnap Terry? The kidnapper drove her around everywhere looking for her daughter meanwhile he knew exactly where she was. Seems like a lot of wasted time.
3. After the safehouse, why didn't Kim and Terry contact their relatives and/or friends? I mean did Kim really have to call Rick after what he put her through? And Terry was hanging out with someone she didn't recognize and didn't even call her husband. A lot of events that followed the safehouse escape could have been avoided if they made a simple phone call to Jack.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:22 pm

I'm not sure on your questions because I haven't watched Season 1 or 2 yet (I bought them both on DVD recently)... I started following the show a little later. I also have Season 3 on DVD which I fully watched and I thought it was pretty good, but other people say 1 and 2 are better. I watched a good share of episodes from Season 4 near the end, but I'll be sure to pick that one up to fully watch it. I really did love Season 3 though.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby da1chipo » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:45 pm

I'm a huge fan, and I think season 1 is the best.

As for Dan and Rick, the terrorists weren't exactly going to march in Jack's house and kidnap Kim, they needed to lure her out. Why they didn't kill them both immediately after getting Kim, I'm not sure.

The guy driving her around was probably making sure it didn't get screwed up, like when Kim's friend ended up in the hospital, he could clean up the mess, so to speak.

And question number 3, I can't remember exactly what happened.

Anyway, how awesome was the scene in the limo when Jack is staring at the guy through the bulletproof glass? That was so sick.
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby BigMusky » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:49 pm

I have turned this show on a few times and can never get into it.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby AT » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:58 pm

I watched Season 4 this year and was literally screaming at the writers in the middle of the show. For a show with such a great plot/theme the writers really blow. You just have to watch the show with a relaxed attitude and wonder what will happen next because apparently they just make it up as they go along so there are a lot of times you will look back at an episode like 5 before the one you're watching and scratch your head.

That being said, until I started watching Rescue Me I thought 24 was the best show on TV. I liked Season 3 a lot and I'm about to watch the 1st 2 after I'm done with Season 4 of The Sopranos.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:12 pm

Not another thread about this piece of dookie
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:16 pm

acsguitar wrote:Not another thread about this piece of dookie

shuddup
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BigMusky » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:18 pm

how long was the last one...i remember it was ridiculously long for a show of this quality. It was something I would expect from teenage girls talking about Friends :-D
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby daullaz » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:45 pm

BigMusky wrote:

how long was the last one...i remember it was ridiculously long for a show of this quality. It was something I would expect from teenage girls talking about Friends :-D

Or grown men fawning over a 19-year-old kid they call King. :-]
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby BigMusky » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:08 pm

i play NL only league....so sorry I can not relate. :-)
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk