When does Vlad come back?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

When does Vlad come back?

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:52 pm

anyone know?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby The Jury » Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:55 pm

In 6-8 weeks. When he comes back he won't be stealing many bases because of his back, and he'll probably be screwed over for the rest of the year.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kcs261 » Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:55 am

Vlad is mince meat this season. I can almost guarantee you he won't be back in 6. It will be 8 at the earliest. But surgery is still a distinct possibility. But even if surgery is not necessary, and he makes it back this season, he'd have to go on a minor league rehab assignment first. So you'd be looking at getting him at the end of August. But even then, he's likely to get frequent days off to the rest the back. And if the Expos are out of it by then, why would they push him back? I'm telling you, Vlad isn't going to help you this season. Study the effects of this injury.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:17 am

I agree. Vlad is most likely toast for the rest of this year. He's only got value in keeper leagues now.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:18 am

lol kcs261.. Keep preaching it buddy! :-D Actually, I traded Vlad when they broke the news that he'd go for 2 wks extreme therapy and re-evaluate then. Called the guy that had been bugging me and told him what i wanted (Vlad,Rollins,Matsui for Green,Tejada,Colon) and told him what i had read on Vlad's condition. I also told him he had 15mins to decide or i was pulling the offer (had to go in before the next wk) So he thought about it.. then he did it. Then about 5-6 days later they say out 6-8wks. Wow.. talk about pissed that guy was. But he knew the risk involved when i traded him. I just merely played on his wants.. and filled my needs. Not to mention the guy has done some unethical things.. roster churning, suspected collusion (team involved with is now a dead team), making trades and then cutting players from the trade while trades were pending because he'd change his mind. So needless to say when that news on Vlad broke and the league saw that.. i recived a many thanks.. and he recived a couple of HA HA HA's from others. I know i felt pretty good about it.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kcs261 » Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:57 pm

You played the odds, and the odds won! Nice move finding somebody who discounted all the evidence regarding that injury! LIke I said, I've stuck with Brian Giles and Pedro through all of their injury issues this year. But to me, a herniated disc is the kind of injury that will make me jump ship quick. :-)
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers