ESPNs 50 in 50 is 49 days too long - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

ESPNs 50 in 50 is 49 days too long

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stevethumb » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:55 am

the grand state of maine was represented in sports w/a...................blueberry pie eating contest !!! c'mon espn..that's really lame
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WharfRat » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:04 am

I read in the paper this morning that DC will now be the last "state" featured. I guess Mayor Williams and ESPN had been bickering back and forth for a while, and ESPN finally agreed to do DC. Which makes sense, since we have more pro teams than Rhode Island, Maine, Oregon, Wisconsin, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, New Mexico, Kansas, Nebraska, Vermont, Iowa.....
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:06 am

Pacman wrote:Sigh.... I miss the early days of ESPN.... Then again I miss the early days of MTV also... but that's been covered in other threads. B-)
Ditto. ;-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:32 am

WharfRat wrote:I read in the paper this morning that DC will now be the last "state" featured. I guess Mayor Williams and ESPN had been bickering back and forth for a while, and ESPN finally agreed to do DC. Which makes sense, since we have more pro teams than Rhode Island, Maine, Oregon, Wisconsin, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, New Mexico, Kansas, Nebraska, Vermont, Iowa.....

Nice!

When do they do Colorado... I wanna see some hardcore skiing..although they will probably show the Donkies for 15 minutes
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby KPucks » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:43 pm

WharfRat wrote:I read in the paper this morning that DC will now be the last "state" featured. I guess Mayor Williams and ESPN had been bickering back and forth for a while, and ESPN finally agreed to do DC. Which makes sense, since we have more pro teams than Rhode Island, Maine, Oregon, Wisconsin, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, New Mexico, Kansas, Nebraska, Vermont, Iowa.....

Don't forget Virginia.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby WharfRat » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:59 pm

KPucks wrote:

Don't forget Virginia.

And NJ, Nevada, Utah, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Delaware, Arkansas, North and South Dakota, Montana, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wyoming, Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii.

Happy? B-)
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to General Talk