Playoffs... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Playoffs...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will the Yankees make it into the playoffs?

Yes, w/ a division win.
6%
Yes, w/ a wild card win.
18%
No.
76%

Total votes : 17

Playoffs...

Postby MMoNeY24 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:47 pm

I'm starting to doubt it a little with everything not clicking at once, like pitching well while the hittings off and the opposite, but I still think there's some hope. I'm undecided right now.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WharfRat » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:36 am

I don't know man...I voted Wild Card, just because I tend to be optimistic about the Yanks' chances until they're really out of it, but I could easily see them getting bounced. It would take one of three things: The Yanks going on a hot streak, the A's coming back to earth, or Anaheim falling off.

The Yanks don't have that bad of a schedule over the next month after Texas, with series against KC, Seattle, and a couple against Tampa Bay - all three teams, at the bottom of the AL. They need to win these series. Plus they've got a potentially HUGE series against Oakland, and of course the damn Sox. They've also got series against Toronto and the fading O's - these are just as crucial as the Oakland series. If they can play some solid baseball over the next 3-4 weeks, winning the series they're supposed to win, beat Oakland and take a few series from Toronto and Baltimore, I think they have a good shot. And it would be nice to beat Boston, of course. But trying to predict this team, this year, approaches an exercise in futility.

Jeter should go give the Babe's head a rub in Monument Park, just in case.... :-o
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

new york?WUT

Postby sizzlinJays&Leafs » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:32 pm

:-t :-t im sorry to say worst pitching in baseball.. Johnson hass not lived up to expectations.. sum thinking this year was a Cy winner and candidate.. i believed at the beginning of the year he would do nothing... Pavano side lined with injury.. and only had one amazing year.. the yanks spend alot of money on a guy that had one amazin yr... just like beltre a good player.. but hasent been his dodger self in seattle.. Jaret wright.. inever liked him.. the braves have a chemistry where everyone can play right and good together even the darkest players come threw..ship them out and there done.. braves have the angel gods on there side... Kevin Brown another pik up from the dodges who came off a wonderful season with an era below 3.00 and with the yanks in 2 seasons.. u can ask the new york fans who really likes him?? but another player that came off one amazin season.. oo look who signed him the yankerz.. looks like theres a pattern of pickin up players who have one amazing year.. not players who do well threw out there life/career... Mussina hey wut can i say.. he goes out there and battles everyday for a win..but could get roughed up in his pinstripez sum days.. Mussina a guy to keep.. was that the only good pic up? the batters have proven there point ..but need [players who can get consistanly on base..ichiro would make new york a big threat and players like him.. than along side the big batts to drive him home!.. and i wont go on.. but leiter and chacon r showin that they can play with those sloppy put together yankee team!.. invest in ur money better new york and u might have a winer one day again... stay away frum boston becuz they will put u out like that!
sizzlinJays&Leafs
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby WharfRat » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:57 pm

What are you a retard? :-?
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

i will never have faith

Postby sizzlinJays&Leafs » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:01 pm

i will never have faith becuz i hate the new york yankees number 1 in baseball
sizzlinJays&Leafs
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:09 pm

Well considering that you knew that they all were going to be bad, why don't you be a fortune teller?

I'm a Jays fan, but I keep my comments to myself if I have any about the Yankees. I don't just rip on their team like that in their own forum.

If your username is correct and your a Jays fan, show some more common courtasy and stop making Jay fans look bad. :-t
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: i will never have faith

Postby mweir145 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:35 pm

sizzlinJays&Leafs wrote:i will never have faith becuz i hate the new york yankees number 1 in baseball

That sentence doesn't make any sense. :-b
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:36 pm

go_jays_go wrote:Well considering that you knew that they all were going to be bad, why don't you be a fortune teller?

I'm a Jays fan, but I keep my comments to myself if I have any about the Yankees. I don't just rip on their team like that in their own forum.

If your username is correct and your a Jays fan, show some more common courtasy and stop making Jay fans look bad. :-t

Exactly. It's really not a good idea to come into another team's forum and bash them just because you don't like them.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:38 pm

BTW, I voted no. I don't think the Yankees will catch Boston or Oakland. I think they have to hope Anaheim continues to drop.

They really need consistancy from Randy Johnson to make the playoffs, IMO. Once they get that from him, this team is very strong.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby sportsguy80 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:45 pm

leave him alone guys hes just a jays fan that hates the yankees and he had to get it out of his system

Owner of the Toronto Blue Jays in the Strike Zone Dynasty
sportsguy80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Next

Return to New York Yankees