Noah Lowry - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Noah Lowry

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Noah Lowry

Postby Yoda » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:58 pm

just picked him up after realizing he's been pitching great since the AS break. Any homers have anything to add? His 05 numbers have been progressively better each month. Very encouraging for a young starter.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby quicksilver8 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:37 pm

I drafted Lowry in a 10 team NL only. I thought he was going to be very solid...like 3.75 with 12 wins and a nice whip and K totals...I gave him up in a trade a couple of weeks ago, but I think he will be good from here on out...especially if Sanfran has a lot of games left against the NL West (the worst div in baseball).

I traded him and Biggio for D.Willis and C.Cordero, so I did pretty well even thought I hated letting Lowry go.
Official Member of the Andruw Jones hosed me fan club
quicksilver8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby stevethumb » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:43 pm

lowry and biggio for cordero and willis?!?!? what a giveaway
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby quicksilver8 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:49 pm

I offered Marquis and Biggio for Cordero (he needed a starter and a 2bmen). He countered with Willis and Cordero for Biggio and Lowry...so I jumped on it. I think Lowry will be very good, so this trade may look closer to even at the end of the year....
Official Member of the Andruw Jones hosed me fan club
quicksilver8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby baseball6791 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:44 pm

Homer input: I like lowry a lot, he's one of the few bright spots on the team IMO. he's a really smart pitcher who mixes pitches well and has good command of all of them. his change is his best pitch and he uses it effectively. one of my favorite things about him is his maturity and composure on the mound. he rarely gets rattled and he keeps his head straight. he's probably not worth a spot in most mixed leagues at this point, but I think that he warrants an immediate pick-up in NL only leagues (if he isnt already owned), I might also move to grab him in some keeper leagues if you need to fill some keeper slots as it seems he is only getting better with age. I don't think that he has the stuff to be a front of the rotation guy in the future but I think that he has the ability to be a very solid middle of the rotation guy.
Last edited by baseball6791 on Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bucsfan04 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:50 am

I picked Lowry up a few weeks ago as a spot starter in my H2H league and he's pitched great for me since. Worth a look in deep mixed leagues and NL only leagues (or if your like me and david wells is your #2 starter !+) )
bucsfan04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:49 am

baseball6791 wrote:Homer input: I like lowry a lot, he's one of the few bright spots on the team IMO. he's a really smart pitcher who mixes his pitches well and has good command of all his pitches. his change is his best pitch and he uses it well. one of my favorite things about him is his maturity and composure on the mound. he rarely gets rattled on the mound and he keeps his head straight. he's probably not worth a spot in most mixed leagues at this point, but I think that he warrants an immediate pick-up in NL only leagues (if he isnt already owned), I might also move to grab him in some keeper leagues if you need to fill some keeper slots as it seems he is only getting better with age. I don't think that he has the stuff to be a front of the rotation guy in the future but I think that he has the ability to be a very solid middle of the rotation guy.

Good post. They play a ton of games against NL West teams in September. He's improved so dramatically that I think he is worth at least a bench spot in mixed leagues. I picked him up to fill in for RJ.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Chicago RedSox » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:13 am

Hmm, maybe I'll pick this guy up. Is there a bigger upside to this guy then a Crain or Odalis Perez?
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby baseball6791 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:59 pm

Chicago RedSox wrote:Hmm, maybe I'll pick this guy up. Is there a bigger upside to this guy then a Crain or Odalis Perez?

it depends what you need him for or if it's a keeper...

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby tmoney » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:15 pm

I think he has value this season if the matchup is right, and obviously has great value in a keeper. However, now does not seem like the best time to be picking him up. His next start is @ Florida and he is going against Dontrelle. Then he is @ Cincinnati. I will probably pick him up when he gets the Phillies at home though. Of course, now that I said this he is going to be lights out the next 2 starts....
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers