Jhonny Peralta the next Tejada? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jhonny Peralta the next Tejada?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Drunken Rhino » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:22 pm

He was the MVP of the international league in AAA last year. That's pretty good talent if you ask me.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:26 pm

hmm maybee I should pick him up for when Felpie Lopez craps the bed
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:40 pm

acsguitar wrote:hmm maybee I should pick him up for when Felpie Lopez craps the bed

You can't ask for a much better realistic backup plan ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby killercars » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:23 pm

wow, i come here to post a "what do you think about peralta's keeper potential" thread... and well, i found this...

I've had him for maybe 2 months now and more and more am buying the "non-hype-hype"... nobody's talking about him, really, but he may be the no. 2 ss next year... i love him hitting 3rd in that lineup... love it...

i know this isn't the right spot for keeper talk, but if we're talking top 3 or whatever right now.. why wouldn't i keep him???

what do you thinik???
killercars
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JTWood » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:05 pm

I get sicker and sicker each day. At one point earlier this year, I had Greene, Crosby, & Peralta. I dropped Peralta on the advice that "he had the lowest ceiling of the three."

:-/
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby AT » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:35 pm

JTWood wrote:I get sicker and sicker each day. At one point earlier this year, I had Greene, Crosby, & Peralta. I dropped Peralta on the advice that "he had the lowest ceiling of the three."

That's possibly the worst advice I've ever heard.

Khalil Greene? At Petco? In that lineup?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:29 pm

I'll take both sides of this argument.

For those that are saying that he was never the prospect and never had that type of talent, you may be right but once a player gets to the show none of that really matters anymore. You can look at all the scouting reports you want to but they don't mean anything when a player is producing at the pro level. There have been plenty of players that supposedly lacked talent and have come out of nowhere.

On the flip side, the 1st season of a player's career can be pretty misleading. We see it a lot where the league eventually catches up to a player, neutralizes him and returns him to mediocrity. I hope Karabell is correct about his Tejada comparison because I grabbed Peralta off the WW in a Dynasty league but as Bigh0rt likes to say, I think Karabell needs to lay off the crack pipe. It's a bit early to be making those comparisons. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby warrick95 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:32 pm

JTWood wrote:I get sicker and sicker each day. At one point earlier this year, I had Greene, Crosby, & Peralta. I dropped Peralta on the advice that "he had the lowest ceiling of the three."

Don't worry, JT. I think Crosby will easily be the best of the three...and I actually like Khalil more, too, but that'll remain to be seen.

I feel sick that I didn't pick up Crosby in order to preserve a measly FF. :-t Justin Upton better stay at SS and be the next big thing.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:10 am

warrick95 wrote:I feel sick that I didn't pick up Crosby in order to preserve a measly FF. :-t Justin Upton better stay at SS and be the next big thing.

I actually almost used my waiver priority to pick up Crosby when he was initially waived, but I got some sage advice against it.

His pick-up has been my lone bright spot in an otherwise crapy season in our league.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby warrick95 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:00 am

JTWood wrote:
warrick95 wrote:I feel sick that I didn't pick up Crosby in order to preserve a measly FF. :-t Justin Upton better stay at SS and be the next big thing.

I actually almost used my waiver priority to pick up Crosby when he was initially waived, but I got some sage advice against it.

His pick-up has been my lone bright spot in an otherwise crapy season in our league.

That Morneau deal was pretty nice.

My season has been pretty crappy, too. However, I have free agency to look forward to. :-D
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers