NY fan jumped on a dare.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

NY fan jumped on a dare..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dannyolbb » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:14 am

go_jays_go wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Anyone know why the camera shook like crazy when he fell?

Did the guy actually hit his head on the camera? Because it sure jumped around like there was an earthquake or something.


Is there a video? :-?


There is no video of him actually falling but the game camera shook like crazy when he fell, then the cameras caught him sitting on the net.


Maybe the camera men were just shocked it happened..

I doubt he made the camera shake.


The video made it pretty obvious that the cameramen weren't just shocked. It looked like the camera was on a roller coaster. As shocked as the camera operator may be, he wouldn't grab the camera and jump up and down with it...
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 711
Joined: 7 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sittin' on Trent Lotts porch

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:17 am

If a Yankee fan jumps from the upper deck, you've gotta ask yourself what's keeping the Mets fans in their seats? :-b
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19542
(Past Year: 283)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby AT » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:17 am

I'll never forget when I saw this for the following reason: (sorry if it's long)

So I just returned from Toys R Us and am in my 3rd hour of Madden 06, I've hooked up the online adapter and I'm all set to play my buddy Dan (Who I'm on my house phone with) over the net when this idiot jumps onto the net. I go bananas telling him what happened when my cell phone rings... As I go to grab it I knock over my playstation and the game freezes. The laser in the game burned one of those unfixable scuffs on the disk and it's finished. I hadn't even played a game yet, I was too busy screwing around with the superstar mode. It's now 11pm. :~(

I turn into a complete ghost, freaking out, overflowing with obscenities, turning my basement into a pile of rubish as I'm throwing everything in sight. Soon I gather myself and resolve to stop at nothing to find a new Madden so I can play that night and go off on a drive to the ghetto to find a 24-hour Wal-Mart about 20 minutes up the road. :-o

On the way I see the glowing blue and gold lights of Blockbuster. Yes, they're open! No way in hell they have a copy but I'm an idiot if I don't at least take a shot right? Holy crapstains! There's like 20 of them in here! 8-o

Naturally the woman in the place is operating the register and has no idea where any of the disks are and proclaims they are all out and she has no explanation for the 20 empty boxes in the aisle.

:-b *Bull___!*

I ask some dude where all the Maddens are...

"Underneath those 3 boxes over there should be about 10-15 of 'em. I've been saving a couple for me and my buddies."

Apparently the woman with no clue at the desk turned away about 15 guys dying to get it all day but the guy appreciated my resolve and showed me the mother-load.

Bliss! :-D

2 hours of sleep and I'm in the office 2 hours late. This will always be remembered as the night some idiot took a Superfly Snuka onto the net behind homeplate at the stadium.

I hope you enjoyed my story, and I hope you don't get a copy of a screwed up Madden for PS2 from a Blockbuster on Long Island in the next week. I have no idea how it got there. O:-)
Image
AT
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3920
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Parole

Postby The Kavorka » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:19 am

Yankee fans seem to be jumping off the bandwagon a little earlier this year.
What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 488
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:22 am

Mookie4ever wrote:If a Yankee fan jumps from the upper deck, you've gotta ask yourself what's keeping the Mets fans in their seats? :-b


LMAO ...

I spit coffee..

classic ;-D

edit :

Great story AT. ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31752
(Past Year: 744)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WharfRat » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:29 am

dannyolbb wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Anyone know why the camera shook like crazy when he fell?

Did the guy actually hit his head on the camera? Because it sure jumped around like there was an earthquake or something.


Is there a video? :-?


There is no video of him actually falling but the game camera shook like crazy when he fell, then the cameras caught him sitting on the net.


Maybe the camera men were just shocked it happened..

I doubt he made the camera shake.


The video made it pretty obvious that the cameramen weren't just shocked. It looked like the camera was on a roller coaster. As shocked as the camera operator may be, he wouldn't grab the camera and jump up and down with it...


My guess is the camera was barely moving at all. But to be able to shoot the game, the camera's got to be zoomed in far enough to get the action and fill up the frame that it magnifies small movements. Also, the platforms they put the cameras on aren't the most rock-solid, sturdiest things in the world. Probably vibrated a little bit, since they do have cameras present right near where the net attaches to the grandstand, and if the camera was on a high zoom, presto, you got your rollercoaster. :-b
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3056
Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Walking my fish

Postby WharfRat » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:29 am

Atrophying Testicles wrote:I'll never forget when I saw this for the following reason: (sorry if it's long)

So I just returned from Toys R Us and am in my 3rd hour of Madden 06, I've hooked up the online adapter and I'm all set to play my buddy Dan (Who I'm on my house phone with) over the net when this idiot jumps onto the net. I go bananas telling him what happened when my cell phone rings... As I go to grab it I knock over my playstation and the game freezes. The laser in the game burned one of those unfixable scuffs on the disk and it's finished. I hadn't even played a game yet, I was too busy screwing around with the superstar mode. It's now 11pm. :~(

I turn into a complete ghost, freaking out, overflowing with obscenities, turning my basement into a pile of rubish as I'm throwing everything in sight. Soon I gather myself and resolve to stop at nothing to find a new Madden so I can play that night and go off on a drive to the ghetto to find a 24-hour Wal-Mart about 20 minutes up the road. :-o

On the way I see the glowing blue and gold lights of Blockbuster. Yes, they're open! No way in hell they have a copy but I'm an idiot if I don't at least take a shot right? Holy crapstains! There's like 20 of them in here! 8-o

Naturally the woman in the place is operating the register and has no idea where any of the disks are and proclaims they are all out and she has no explanation for the 20 empty boxes in the aisle.

:-b *Bull___!*

I ask some dude where all the Maddens are...

"Underneath those 3 boxes over there should be about 10-15 of 'em. I've been saving a couple for me and my buddies."

Apparently the woman with no clue at the desk turned away about 15 guys dying to get it all day but the guy appreciated my resolve and showed me the mother-load.

Bliss! :-D

2 hours of sleep and I'm in the office 2 hours late. This will always be remembered as the night some idiot took a Superfly Snuka onto the net behind homeplate at the stadium.

I hope you enjoyed my story, and I hope you don't get a copy of a screwed up Madden for PS2 from a Blockbuster on Long Island in the next week. I have no idea how it got there. O:-)


LMAO. Nice. ;-D ;-D
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3056
Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Walking my fish

Postby bdrotoronto » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:33 am

Atrophying Testicles wrote:I'll never forget when I saw this for the following reason: (sorry if it's long)

So I just returned from Toys R Us and am in my 3rd hour of Madden 06, I've hooked up the online adapter and I'm all set to play my buddy Dan (Who I'm on my house phone with) over the net when this idiot jumps onto the net. I go bananas telling him what happened when my cell phone rings... As I go to grab it I knock over my playstation and the game freezes. The laser in the game burned one of those unfixable scuffs on the disk and it's finished. I hadn't even played a game yet, I was too busy screwing around with the superstar mode. It's now 11pm. :~(

I turn into a complete ghost, freaking out, overflowing with obscenities, turning my basement into a pile of rubish as I'm throwing everything in sight. Soon I gather myself and resolve to stop at nothing to find a new Madden so I can play that night and go off on a drive to the ghetto to find a 24-hour Wal-Mart about 20 minutes up the road. :-o

On the way I see the glowing blue and gold lights of Blockbuster. Yes, they're open! No way in hell they have a copy but I'm an idiot if I don't at least take a shot right? Holy crapstains! There's like 20 of them in here! 8-o

Naturally the woman in the place is operating the register and has no idea where any of the disks are and proclaims they are all out and she has no explanation for the 20 empty boxes in the aisle.

:-b *Bull___!*

I ask some dude where all the Maddens are...

"Underneath those 3 boxes over there should be about 10-15 of 'em. I've been saving a couple for me and my buddies."

Apparently the woman with no clue at the desk turned away about 15 guys dying to get it all day but the guy appreciated my resolve and showed me the mother-load.

Bliss! :-D

2 hours of sleep and I'm in the office 2 hours late. This will always be remembered as the night some idiot took a Superfly Snuka onto the net behind homeplate at the stadium.

I hope you enjoyed my story, and I hope you don't get a copy of a screwed up Madden for PS2 from a Blockbuster on Long Island in the next week. I have no idea how it got there. O:-)

It is clearly the fault of the guy who jumped. But for his actions, that disc would still be in good shape. If Blockbuster ever finds out about this, they would clearly have a cause of action against that guy.. :-b B-)
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1708
Joined: 10 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:43 am

I hope you enjoyed my story, and I hope you don't get a copy of a screwed up Madden for PS2 from a Blockbuster on Long Island in the next week. I have no idea how it got there.


That's terrible AT! That's no different from going in and holding the store up at gunpoint. You're stealing from that business.

...oh wait...it's a Blockbuster. They've been stealing from their customers for years now. It's about time someone returned the favor. ;-D
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby AT » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:31 pm

It's a good thing I'm a regular patronizer of netflix.com.

Blockbuster's Q2 #'s down bigtime and Netflix's Q2 #'s up bigtime.

NFLX Trading at 8.90 in April...now at 21.15.
BBI Trading at 10.15 in late June...now at 6.50.

They might put the squeeze on me for this one... Oh well, I've never been a big Wayne Huizenga fan anyway.
Image
AT
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3920
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Parole

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Boston at Toronto
(12:37 pm)
Texas at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
San Francisco at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact