Did anyone hear KNBR show that resulted in the firings? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Did anyone hear KNBR show that resulted in the firings?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Did anyone hear KNBR show that resulted in the firings?

Postby BeefSandwiches » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:03 am

I'm just curious how they could have possibly made it worse than it already was to cause firings. If anyone has the clip or a summary of what it was, I would love to hear it.

What morons.
BeefSandwiches
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 611
Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:34 am

I didn't hear the show but I heard all about it. They were very hard on the guy on PTI yesterday. Here's an article about what was actually said.

http://www.record-bee.com/Stories/0,141 ... 79,00.html
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 268)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby BeefSandwiches » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:30 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I didn't hear the show but I heard all about it. They were very hard on the guy on PTI yesterday. Here's an article about what was actually said.

http://www.record-bee.com/Stories/0,141 ... 79,00.html


That's the article about his initial comments - something was done yesterday morning concerning this topic that got the host and two other station employees fired. Anyone know anything about it?
BeefSandwiches
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 611
Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:31 am

The giants basically forced the network to boot him
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby BigMusky » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:36 am

what is racist about saying Carribean? If there were a bunch of white guys on the Cubs sucking and someone said there were a bunch of braindead white guys hacking at slop, no one would care. I think both the Alou's should be packed in a box, shoved up a blue whales butt and then farted out somewhere else in the world.
Image
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2780
Joined: 17 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "Milla-walk-ay"

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:40 am

BigMusky wrote:. I think both the Alou's should be packed in a box, shoved up a blue whales butt and then farted out somewhere else in the world.


Where in the world??!?!? THE CARRIBEAN!!!! :-t

j/k
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:02 am

BigMusky wrote:what is racist about saying Carribean? If there were a bunch of white guys on the Cubs sucking and someone said there were a bunch of braindead white guys hacking at slop, no one would care. I think both the Alou's should be packed in a box, shoved up a blue whales butt and then farted out somewhere else in the world.

LOL That's harsh, yet funny. :-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby Rirruto » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:16 am

BigMusky wrote:what is racist about saying Carribean? If there were a bunch of white guys on the Cubs sucking and someone said there were a bunch of braindead white guys hacking at slop, no one would care. I think both the Alou's should be packed in a box, shoved up a blue whales butt and then farted out somewhere else in the world.

Because it implies that the reason they are 'brain-dead' is because they are from the Caribbean. There was no need to mention the word, the team as a whole is responsible for their performance, not just the Latin players. And you cannot expect Moises Alou not to be offended by this after what he went through coming up in the majors as a Black Latino.
Image
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2525
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mezzanine Section 12 @ Shea

Postby BigMusky » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:20 am

no...that is how someone looking for a racist comment would listen to it. Someone not thinking about that would say that Carribean implies that he wants the specific braindead players on the team he is talking about know it without having to say there individual names. If they had all happend to play outfield, I am sure he would have said braindead outfielders.
Image
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2780
Joined: 17 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "Milla-walk-ay"

Postby Rirruto » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:25 am

BigMusky wrote:no...that is how someone looking for a racist comment would listen to it. Someone not thinking about that would say that Carribean implies that he wants the specific braindead players on the team he is talking about know it without having to say there individual names. If they had all happend to play outfield, I am sure he would have said braindead outfielders.

I disagree. I don't go "looking for racist comments" at all and I consider what he said unecessary. There was no need to even say the word "Caribbean". And from what I see, all the Latin players on the team seem to be doing a good job in SF. If he wants to call somebody out, then so be it, but I find it a bit ridiculous to be complaining about just the "Caribbean" players.
Image
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2525
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mezzanine Section 12 @ Shea

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact