Another Firefox Add On -Tired of clicking through pages? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Another Firefox Add On -Tired of clicking through pages?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Another Firefox Add On -Tired of clicking through pages?

Postby slomo007 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:38 pm

Meet, the antipaginator: https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/m ... php?id=853

Here's how it works: If you want to read a longer thread, say, 5 pages, just right click the thread title, and a menu item will be added to the popup menu for "antipagination". Then just click that and ALL of the pages in that thread will be opened at once. This means you don't have to wait for all 5 pages to load individually, and the conversation flows from post to post almost perfectly.

I've used Firefox for a long time and am just now finding out about some of these extensions. I have always used adblock, but beyond that I'm pretty much a newbie.

Edit: See below for correct instructions.
Last edited by slomo007 on Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:39 pm

Another great find, Thanks Slomo ;-D

If you find anymore, post them..cause these are awesome ;-)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby slomo007 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:49 pm

I forgot about ReloadEvery, I use that one and have for a while:

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/m ... php?id=115

It's a simple one which will (if you tell it to) reload a web page based on a timer interval that you specify. I've used this one pretty often, even though you think you wouldn't.

The one time I remember using it (and loving it) was when I was waiting for my grades to post online (they said, around noon or something like that). Well, so that I could just chill and play video games while I waited, I enabled ReloadEvery for 3 seconds and it did all of my refreshing for me. Another very simple and easy to use add-on.

I'll post more if I find any really neat ones, I'll try to consolidate them in to this thread so that I don't create 5+ threads about them. O:-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:52 pm

Sounds good

Thanks again. ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: Another Firefox Add On -Tired of clicking through pages?

Postby blankman » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:53 pm

slomo007 wrote:Meet, the antipaginator: https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/m ... php?id=853

Here's how it works: If you want to read a longer thread, say, 5 pages, just right click the thread title, and a menu item will be added to the popup menu for "antipagination". Then just click that and ALL of the pages in that thread will be opened at once. This means you don't have to wait for all 5 pages to load individually, and the conversation flows from post to post almost perfectly.

I've used Firefox for a long time and am just now finding out about some of these extensions. I have always used adblock, but beyond that I'm pretty much a newbie.

Have you tried it here to be sure it works?

If it does :-L haha :-b
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby cubsrock » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:56 pm

I downloaded it and I can't figure it out...
cubsrock
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Kingctb27 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:48 pm

Another very nice Extension from Firefox. Thanks for the Link, Slomo. ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby slomo007 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:59 pm

cubsrock wrote:I downloaded it and I can't figure it out...

After you download it, just restart firefox. Then, come to the Cafe and find a thread that is 2 pages or longer. Open the thread (go to page 1) and then right click the "Next" page button on the bottom of the screen. Then click "Anti-Pagination" - "All" from the menu that pops up. This should display all of the pages of the thread, in order, from start to finish on one page. If you don't see that option, then redownload/install the extension.

If you follow this, it should work...it's kind of touchy in that you can't click the page numbers, you have to click the "next" button instead. It takes a little getting used to but it is very useful/time saving if you start to use it.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:22 am

I already had the Reloadevery extension and found that useful a few times. This new one though should be great since I visit forums like this a lot. Thanks for posting Slomo ;-D BTW only 6.5pts back...I'm coming }:-)
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:11 am

You guys want to know how hard it is to moderate some threads? Try that with the hottest chicks thread and you'll see what we go through every time we split off a post (all posts become one really long thread). 72 pages all on one page? Not only does it take forever to load (and I'm on DSL 8-o ), but that becomes one really long thread.

Nice finds Slomo. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to General Talk