Morneau or Reyes...who gets me more in the OFFseason - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Morneau or Reyes...who gets me more in the OFFseason

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Morneau or Reyes...who gets me more in the OFFseason

Postby dannahann » Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:37 am

Justin Morneau or Jose Reyes? Both are now available on Yahoo, and I'm deciding which prospect to target. Rookies are HIGHLY coveted in our league due to special keeper provisions. (4 owners offered trades for my #1 priority when Tex was added :*) , as an example )

I'm most interested in who you think will hold the most perceived trade value during the remainder of the season and even during OFF SEASON trading? We keep 3 "rookie eligbles" along with 8 veterans each season, so hyped rookies are hot commodities in nearly every trade offer. Depending on how long these guys stay up they could even be eligble to protect as "rookies" for 2 more seasons. Should I target Morneau or Reyes? Thanks.
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HYLRedSox » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:42 pm

I would say Reyes... although he plays for a worse team, (I guess they can't get much worse) he plays at shallower position. And he should go to jail for all his stealing... ok HORRIBLE joke but you get my point...
HYLRedSox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Jury » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:47 pm

Tesh would be a more accurate abbreviation for Tex, since most dumbasses who don't know baseball call him (TEX-AIR-UH) instead of pronouncing it the way he does (TESH-AIR-UH).
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dannahann » Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:14 pm

uhmmmm Jury? I've known how to pronounce Teixeira's name for 2 or 3 years, at least? It's simply a nickname that anyone who could help me on this topic would know in an instant...had I typed "Tesh" who woulda had a clue? Now I do value your advice, so would you concur that Reyes will have more trade value or should I stake my claim to Morneau (I can pronounce that one too) instead?
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:07 pm

Reyes by a mile. Would you rather have a good 1b, dime a dozen, or a good ss?
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby RoxSox8 » Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:15 am

I think the Jury has been listening to too much John Tesh. I think Reyes will have more value because he is a SS, and also because the Mets can afford to play him this year, whereas the Twins are in a pennant race. Also, the Twins have Meintkiewisz, or as the Jury would call him "Mesh", along with Lecroy who plays 1B, so Morneau may not have as many AB's.
I'm not Mr. Lebowski man, I'm the Dude.

Red Sox Fan
Rockies Fan
RoxSox8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Arlo » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:15 am

I agree that Reyes is more likely to have a higher off-season value, based on name recognition, position, and probable 2004 playing time. Keep an eye on their call-ups, though - a strong run by Morneau or a weak showing by Reyes could change that (and I think Morneau might need less time to adjust to the majors).

Also, if the Mets do go after Kazuo Matsui, all bets are off...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:49 pm

[quote

Also, if the Mets do go after Kazuo Matsui, all bets are off...[/quote]

LA or Seattle are to be the heavy favorites. It would be a huge surprise if hes not in Seattle.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Arlo » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:11 pm

LA and Seattle should be key players, but I don't think Seattle's a given quite yet. The Mets may be in the mix (although the sour taste left in their mouths by Nokamura might affect their level of interest), and a strong push by Boston, with a shift to second, also wouldn't be surprising. This situation will be highly interesting to follow...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HYLRedSox » Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:35 pm

Well this is slightly off topic, but who is this Kazuo Matsui? I haven't heard anything about him. Am I completely out of it?
And by the way, Reyes tonight: 3-4, GS, 5 RBI, SB, R
wow.
HYLRedSox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers