Kenny Rogers back Wed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kenny Rogers back Wed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:13 pm

Porkchop Express wrote:Just because other sentences were light doesnt make this incident ok. He should still be suspended for a month. Yes, the cheaters should get longer sentences too but Rogers attacked this guy and should have gotten even more than 20.

I don't think anyone is saying what Rogers did was ok, people are just simply saying to weigh it against other things. 20 games for shoving a camera, but 10 days (not even 10 games, just 10 days) for breaking the law and cheating the game? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. ;-7

Oh, and in case anyone missed it the first time around, they showed the whole thing with Rogers several times on Sportscenter this morning, and Rogers never laid a finger on the cameraman. He shoved the camera, not the cameraman. Not that it matters though, people have thier minds made up without even seeing, watching, or listening to what really happened. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Porkchop Express » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:36 pm

Madison wrote:
Porkchop Express wrote:Just because other sentences were light doesnt make this incident ok. He should still be suspended for a month. Yes, the cheaters should get longer sentences too but Rogers attacked this guy and should have gotten even more than 20.

I don't think anyone is saying what Rogers did was ok, people are just simply saying to weigh it against other things. 20 games for shoving a camera, but 10 days (not even 10 games, just 10 days) for breaking the law and cheating the game? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. ;-7

Oh, and in case anyone missed it the first time around, they showed the whole thing with Rogers several times on Sportscenter this morning, and Rogers never laid a finger on the cameraman. He shoved the camera, not the cameraman. Not that it matters though, people have thier minds made up without even seeing, watching, or listening to what really happened. :-/

Watching the game on ESPN tonight it was said that the cameraman has a couple of herniated discs and some shoulder problems. Doesnt matter who or what he shoved, thats some pretty serious stuff.
Im not saying it makes sense for the cheating to be so little but it still doesnt mean that Rogers doesnt deserve the full sentence. IMO comparing it makes no difference.
Its like if the sentence for homicide was only 2 years would it be justice if the sentence for rape was about the same? I think not.

The sentence should be based on the even, not on comparing it to another even.
Porkchop Express
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby da1chipo » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:57 pm

Rogers should not have had his suspension shortened and Bertuzzi should have been kicked out of the NHL, plain and simple.
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:17 pm

wrveres wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:That is because people are PC idiots in general and worry about Rogers shoving a couple of cameramen while guys using roids and taking drugs illegally is just fine.

If his name was not Rogers and he was not caught on tape shoving a couple of annpying cameramen, it would not have even warranted a headline let alone criminal charges. Ah, poor Kenn shoved a cameraman and broke his little camera...let's suspend him for a month.

Meanwhile Sheffield and Giambi and all the other cheaters get slaps on the wrist or nothing at all. What Giambi has done probably for the better part of his career is an affront to the game, a disgrace to its honor and outright criminal as he hardly had prescriptions for them roids. It is really pathethic when you think about it. Oh I forget, he is innocent, just like Giambi is...sure he is. And I am sure he did not inhale either.

fixed ;-D

Ah, so Sheff's leaked testimony is valid, just not Bonds? Whatever suits your argument.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:48 am

Porkchop Express wrote:Watching the game on ESPN tonight it was said that the cameraman has a couple of herniated discs and some shoulder problems. Doesnt matter who or what he shoved, thats some pretty serious stuff.
Im not saying it makes sense for the cheating to be so little but it still doesnt mean that Rogers doesnt deserve the full sentence. IMO comparing it makes no difference.
Its like if the sentence for homicide was only 2 years would it be justice if the sentence for rape was about the same? I think not.

The sentence should be based on the even, not on comparing it to another even.

Doctor speak. I'm 20 minutes from Ameriquest Field, so I've read everything locally about this. Plus, it's not like doctors are exactly trustworthy or honest. How many people are supposedly "hurt" in car accidents and get huge settlements because of the "injury"? It's all about money, not injuries, and there were no injuries from this.

Anyway, yes, what Rogers did was wrong and I've said that many times since this happened. Is it so wrong that he should get double (actually it's more than double) the punishment than those who break the law and cheat the game? I don't think so. All punishments in life are relative to the crime, and what Rogers did was not nearly as bad as some of the other infractions out there that got a lesser punishment.

Oh, and don't forget the cameraman does shoulder some of the responsibility for this issue. Do a search for cameraman and my name as the author, and you can read all about what actually happened that caused this issue. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers