Fan 590 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Fan 590

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fan 590

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:06 pm

Anybody else listen to Toronto Sports Radio?

I like Bob McCowan in the afternoon and I used to be a big morning show fan but now Don Landry is starting to bug me a little. I really like Gord Stellick but Landry is a little over the top sometimes and ruins the show.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:16 pm

Always listen to Bob in the afternoons. I enjoy the morning's, and I like both Stellick and Landry but maybe it's just me. The 8:50 quiz is always fun to listen to.

Overall I love Fan 590, favourite radio station ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:27 pm

go_jays_go wrote:Always listen to Bob in the afternoons. I enjoy the morning's, and I like both Stellick and Landry but maybe it's just me. The 8:50 quiz is always fun to listen to.

Same with me, I always have it on - was the guy on the quiz this morning retarded? How do you lose that thing.

I used to really like Landry but his impersonations and those "comedy" spots with Mike and Mike, Dr. Phil etc are not funny anymore. He has to tone it down a little.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:38 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:Always listen to Bob in the afternoons. I enjoy the morning's, and I like both Stellick and Landry but maybe it's just me. The 8:50 quiz is always fun to listen to.

Same with me, I always have it on - was the guy on the quiz this morning retarded? How do you lose that thing.

I used to really like Landry but his impersonations and those "comedy" spots with Mike and Mike, Dr. Phil etc are not funny anymore. He has to tone it down a little.

I'm not sure but that guy must have been.

I agree that Landry has gone downhill because of his lame skits but I still love mornings. Always listen to the business section of the show in the mornings.

And my personal favourite person on the show is: Vito the intern :-b
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: Fan 590

Postby mweir145 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:57 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Anybody else listen to Toronto Sports Radio?

I like Bob McCowan in the afternoon and I used to be a big morning show fan but now Don Landry is starting to bug me a little. I really like Gord Stellick but Landry is a little over the top sometimes and ruins the show.

Yes, I listen to all of those shows, and sometimes I even watch Prime Time Sports on Sportsnet.

I also like the sports updates every 20 minutes. :-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Re: Fan 590

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:01 pm

mweir145 wrote:Yes, I listen to all of those shows, and sometimes I even watch Prime Time Sports on Sportsnet.

I also like the sports updates every 20 minutes. :-D

I sometimes watch it too but it gets annoying after McCowan's random pauses.

The update every 20 minutes is a great feature the Fan has. ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby zepfan » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:06 pm

There's something about McCowan that just annoys the hell out of me. His mouth is always open (even when he's not talking) and the sunglasses indoors thing with the head tilt just makes me want to slap him. As soon as I see him I change the channel as fast as I can.

Maybe he's not so bad on the radio when you can't see him. :-b

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:17 pm

zepfan wrote:There's something about McCowan that just annoys the hell out of me. His mouth is always open (even when he's not talking) and the sunglasses indoors thing with the head tilt just makes me want to slap him. As soon as I see him I change the channel as fast as I can.

He is possibly the most arrogant person that I have ever seen. He thinks that he is the best thing since sliced bread.

If his show wasn't the best sports show on radio (mostly due to all of his great guests and co-hosts - I really like Damian and the other young guy from CBC hockey whose name I can't remember right now) I would hate him.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby mweir145 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:19 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
zepfan wrote:There's something about McCowan that just annoys the hell out of me. His mouth is always open (even when he's not talking) and the sunglasses indoors thing with the head tilt just makes me want to slap him. As soon as I see him I change the channel as fast as I can.

He is possibly the most arrogant person that I have ever seen. He thinks that he is the best thing since sliced bread.

If his show wasn't the best sports show on radio (mostly due to all of his great guests and co-hosts - I really like Damian and the other young guy from CBC hockey whose name I can't remember right now) I would hate him.

Yes, it's true, the Bobcat is full of himself.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:46 pm

I know that he's a nice old man but somebody's got to say it "Saul Korman, shut the hell up and hire somebody to do your damned commercials!"

:-°
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Next

Return to Toronto Blue Jays