Wolf at GAB? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wolf at GAB?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Quaker » Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:28 am

I started him, and the homerun doesn't bug me because I started Dunn too.
Hey Sponge, what's your call on Meche tomorrow? You're on a roll, so I'm trusting you with the decision.
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sponge » Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:10 am

For the past 4 games Seattle has given little to no run support, scoring 3 runs or less. This might scare the typical manager into sitting Meche. However, I don't see ATL scoring a lot of runs in this game either. Meche hasn't givin up more than 4 runs since his first start, and I would think that your ERA in the standings is somewhere in the mid-3.00's, so 4 ER's won't hurt you that much. Maddux is pitching as well, and could hold Seattle to another low scoring game. All in all, I see this game being a low scoring game, a toss up if you ask me. Either team has an equal chance to win. With that being said, I would START Meche if I were in your position.
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Sponge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby wrveres » Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:54 am

Sponge wrote:For the past 4 games Seattle has given little to no run support, scoring 3 runs or less. This might scare the typical manager into sitting Meche. However, I don't see ATL scoring a lot of runs in this game either. Meche hasn't givin up more than 4 runs since his first start, and I would think that your ERA in the standings is somewhere in the mid-3.00's, so 4 ER's won't hurt you that much. Maddux is pitching as well, and could hold Seattle to another low scoring game. All in all, I see this game being a low scoring game, a toss up if you ask me. Either team has an equal chance to win. With that being said, I would START Meche if I were in your position.
Ya gotta love the homework ... great call sponge .. I'll start him too.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Sponge » Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:22 am

I am 3-3 in consecutive predictions thus far. I said start Garcia vs. ATL, got the win, 1.23 era, 5k's...I said start Wolf vs Reds, got the win, 1.29 era, 7k's...I said start Meche vs. ATL, got the win, 1 er, 6k's. I even predicted the outcome of the game...

For the past 4 games Seattle has given little to no run support, scoring 3 runs or less. This might scare the typical manager into sitting Meche. However, I don't see ATL scoring a lot of runs in this game either. Meche hasn't givin up more than 4 runs since his first start, and I would think that your ERA in the standings is somewhere in the mid-3.00's, so 4 ER's won't hurt you that much. Maddux is pitching as well, and could hold Seattle to another low scoring game. All in all, I see this game being a low scoring game, a toss up if you ask me. Either team has an equal chance to win. With that being said, I would START Meche if I were in your position.

;-D Anyone else?
Sponge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:24 am

Not that it matters, because I'm starting him anyways....but....What do you predict for Brandon Webb at Houston on Wednesday?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby wrveres » Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:09 am

Sponge wrote:I am 3-3 in consecutive predictions thus far. I said start Garcia vs. ATL, got the win, 1.23 era, 5k's...I said start Wolf vs Reds, got the win, 1.29 era, 7k's...I said start Meche vs. ATL, got the win, 1 er, 6k's. I even predicted the outcome of the game...

;-D Anyone else?

You Just became my new idol. ....

The Man calls for low scoring game, and then deliever's not only that, but the win too.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Longshot » Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:31 am

hell, who do you predict wins the superbowl this year? I'll go place the bet right now

My prediction - Chargers baby! B-)
Hank Blalock is The Truth
Longshot
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Sponge » Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:55 am

With Oswalt and Miller on the bench I would think that the D'Backs have a very good chance of winning the game on Weds. Web has been pitching excellent and I don't see him stopping right now. D'Backs have been giving good run support while Houston has been the complete opposite. I'm sure that the Astros will come out of their slump at some point. I'm a little hesitant to say it because I feel like I'm jinxing myself, but I predict a win for web, giving up around 3 earned runs or less while striking out around 6 batters.
Sponge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sponge » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:07 am

As for the superbowl, the Chargers would be a good candidate with LT and Boston leading the way, but who else do they have besides them? I'm liking the Falcon's and Giants chances this year. When the Falcons beat Green Bay at Lambo Field it just sent shivers down my spine. With another year of maturity on Vick's resume I predict that he will have a better year than last, especially with the new addition of Price. People are hatin' on Price lately, but I see similar numbers from last season. If Finneran, Crumpler, Dunn can produce decent numbers then I see good things for the Falcons. As for the Giants, you have a very good chance to win the superbowl with Tiki Barber, Toomer, Shockey, Hilliard, Collins. I think their defense will improve too, making winning easier.
Sponge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers