Return to General Talk

New Bowling Rules..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New Bowling Rules..

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:47 am

This one is for you Mad.. :-D

New Bowling Rules

Supplemental Rules for Bowling

If you holler "overs!" before the ball passes the arrows, you get to throw the ball over, unless of course, you get a strike. In which case, you can renege on the "overs".
When your team is about 10 marks down in the 8th or 9th frame, you can invoke the rule "First Team Through Bowling Wins the Game", and your team still has a chance.

After a member of the opposing team bowls 4 strikes in a row, he/she must bowl the next 4 frames blindfolded. If he/she continues to strike, his/her shoelaces will be tied together for 2 frames.

When you leave the 10-pin and you know you can't make the spare, but another member of your team can, invoke the "Designated Bowler" rule.

After you have 4 splits in one game, you may say "Kings X" and take those 4 frames over. However, if you split on the 2nd time around, you accept it. After all, "Fair is Fair".

If your ball goes in the gutter and jumps back onto the lane, knocking dow pins, by golly, you get them! That's much harder than to knock them down the conventional way. Good bowling should be recognized.

A ball should be declared dead when you bowl 3 games without a strike. It shall be the owners privilege to decide on the disposition of said dead ball - Burial at Sea, Dropped from an airplane over a live volcano, or a simple burial in the city dump. For a small fee, a league officer can be bribed to deliver a short eulogy.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:35 pm

;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:30 pm

Nice, Mad will hit this one tonight, No doubt about it. ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:11 pm

kingctb27 wrote:Nice, Mad will hit this one tonight, No doubt about it. ;-D
;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:20 pm

Good stuff!
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: New Bowling Rules..

Postby Madison » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:56 pm

go_jays_go wrote:If your ball goes in the gutter and jumps back onto the lane, knocking dow pins, by golly, you get them! That's much harder than to knock them down the conventional way. Good bowling should be recognized.

You would be amazed at how many people actually believe that's a real rule. :-o I have been the President of many, many leagues in my life and it seemed every year I had to explain to someone that once a ball hits the channel, it's dead. Even had to pull out the rulebook to prove it to some of them. :-o

go_jays_go wrote:A ball should be declared dead when you bowl 3 games without a strike. It shall be the owners privilege to decide on the disposition of said dead ball - Burial at Sea, Dropped from an airplane over a live volcano, or a simple burial in the city dump. For a small fee, a league officer can be bribed to deliver a short eulogy.

Haha! :-D Agreed! I've killed off bowling balls for less than that though :-b . Heck, I tossed one ball in the trash after only throwing 4 shots with it ($200+). 8-o

Great list and made me laugh :-D . Nice post! ;-D ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Tavish » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:23 am

When you leave the 10-pin and you know you can't make the spare, but another member of your team can, invoke the "Designated Bowler" rule.

I went through a funk for about a month last season where the 10 pin became my nemisis. Every time I would build up some momentum I would leave a ringing 10 and I felt like just hitting calling down the sweeper and saving myself the embarrasment of dumping a ball going after it.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:06 am

Tavish wrote:

I went through a funk for about a month last season where the 10 pin became my nemisis. Every time I would build up some momentum I would leave a ringing 10 and I felt like just hitting calling down the sweeper and saving myself the embarrasment of dumping a ball going after it.

I missed two of them tonight (made 6 of 8, lanes were totally flooded). Think you've ever seen me mad? You wouldn't have wanted to be near me earlier tonight. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:54 am

That list was great. BTW, put me on the "ignorant of bounced out of the gutter rule" list. I didn't necessarily think it counted, but I didn't know for certain that it didn't.

Also, what's "flooded" mean?

Madison wrote:Haha! :-D Agreed! I've killed off bowling balls for less than that though :-b . Heck, I tossed one ball in the trash after only throwing 4 shots with it ($200+). 8-o

Heh... I did the same with a $170 racket once. Except mine was a little diferent. Try replacing "tossed" and "trash can" with "bashed" and "net pole." Add thermos to that sentence, too...

O:-)

ps - Mad, you ever been to the Bowling Hall of Fame here in St. Louis?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:47 am

JTWood wrote:That list was great. BTW, put me on the "ignorant of bounced out of the gutter rule" list. I didn't necessarily think it counted, but I didn't know for certain that it didn't.

Also, what's "flooded" mean?

Yep, it's a real rule.

As to "flooded", it means lots and lots of oil on the lanes. Prevents the ball from hooking as much which results in the ball hooking into the pocket at a less than ideal angle, which results in the 10 pin (7 pin for leftys) standing quite often.

JTWood wrote:
Madison wrote:Haha! :-D Agreed! I've killed off bowling balls for less than that though :-b . Heck, I tossed one ball in the trash after only throwing 4 shots with it ($200+). 8-o

Heh... I did the same with a $170 racket once. Except mine was a little diferent. Try replacing "tossed" and "trash can" with "bashed" and "net pole." Add thermos to that sentence, too...

O:-)

ps - Mad, you ever been to the Bowling Hall of Fame here in St. Louis?

Actually I have. It was quite some time ago, but I'll make another visit in the future. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to General Talk