I'm not drunk officer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I'm not drunk officer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:20 pm

It may not work 100%, however if it can cut down on some of the drunk drivers on the road than I say it is doing it's job. ;-D
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:37 pm

daullaz wrote:The one my friend has requires you to blow in it while you're driving every 10-15 minutes or so.

And what if you are only driving 8 minutes??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:48 pm

One of my friends that is around 20 has one. It's really not too bad, I guess. I think you can get someone else to blow in it though, not sure. :-?
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby daullaz » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:57 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
daullaz wrote:The one my friend has requires you to blow in it while you're driving every 10-15 minutes or so.

Well, it's not perfect, and I wasn't saying it was.

The overriding perception of the thread seemed to me that it was a one-and-done thing. I just wanted to clarify.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:01 pm

daullaz wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Well, it's not perfect, and I wasn't saying it was.

The overriding perception of the thread seemed to me that it was a one-and-done thing. I just wanted to clarify.

I wasn't faulting you at all. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:24 pm

GiantFan666 wrote:They are usually only busted out for repeat offenders like the 3 time winners of the dwi award...

Check out the article:

Everyone who commits an impaired driving offence on or after December 23, 2001, and is subsequently convicted, must have the ignition interlock device installed after their licence is reinstated if they want to drive.

;-)

Anyway, as to the device, we've had those in Texas for quite some time. Don't see them very often anymore, they usually just flat suspend the person's license down here now and that's that.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Tavish » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:31 pm

Madison wrote:
GiantFan666 wrote:They are usually only busted out for repeat offenders like the 3 time winners of the dwi award...

Check out the article:

Everyone who commits an impaired driving offence on or after December 23, 2001, and is subsequently convicted, must have the ignition interlock device installed after their licence is reinstated if they want to drive.

They are much rougher in Iowa where my cousin lives. Plus they know how to spell license and offense without all the silly British c's. ;-D
Administrative revocations for test failure - Breath test indicates BAC over .08.

First Offense Violations:

• 180 day revocation

• Eligible for temporary license immediately as long as there was not an accident causing personal injury or property damage and you blew under .15.

• Must wait 30 days for temporary license if you blew over .15 or an accident occurred.

• Must get an ignition interlock device installed if BAC is greater than .10 or an accident occurred if you want to get a temporary license.

* Ignition interlock devices must be put on all vehicles owned and operated by a person seeking a temporary license.

Anyway, as to the device, we've had those in Texas for quite some time. Don't see them very often anymore, they usually just flat suspend the person's license down here now and that's that.

This was honestly the first time I had ever even heard about it. I agree much more with Texas. There doesn't seem much point in adding in devices that people will just find a way around. Take away their license and then they are screwed if they try and drive, drunk or not.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby AT » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:01 am

I seriously need one of these.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LooseCannon » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:29 am

My question is why wait for someone to hurt or kill a person to give them that DWI thing..they should make it a standard.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:34 am

LooseCannon wrote:My question is why wait for someone to hurt or kill a person to give them that DWI thing..they should make it a standard.

People would certainly be healthier because of the extra walking. Either that or the taxi business would be especially properous. Not a bad idea, though. I could see a lot of objection to that. People would claim that it was a nuisance. They would have to up the limit, though. If the legal limit is .10 and the car won't start if you blow a .02, that might be a bit much.
Lofunzo

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk