I'm not drunk officer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I'm not drunk officer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I'm not drunk officer

Postby Tavish » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:52 pm

This may be old news to some, but it caught me completely offguard.

A relative of mine in Iowa just recently was recently charged with a DWI. Being from Kansas/MO I gave him my sympathies and asked what the fine/penalty ended up being. The monetary costs and suspended license didn't shock me all that much, but the use of an ignition interlock device as a requirement to receive a temporary license did. I honestly had never heard of the thing and thought he was pulling my leg. Anyone ever had or known someone with one of these bad boys?

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go_jays_go » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:56 pm

Haven't got a friend with one of the puppies. They are kinda a pain, though it's for a good cause. Alcohol Abuse on the road is killing most drivers these days..(mostly teens) :-/

Also, I liked how you represented Ontario in the link :-b
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:02 pm

These things better not be new...
We had to find some way to make the world safer in 8th grade, and this was my idea :-t :-t
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby GiantFan666 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:10 pm

They've been around for a while now... my question is how many dwi's has your cousin had? They are usually only busted out for repeat offenders like the 3 time winners of the dwi award...
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tavish » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:12 pm

GiantFan666 wrote:They've been around for a while now... my question is how many dwi's has your cousin had? They are usually only busted out for repeat offenders like the 3 time winners of the dwi award...

It was his first, but knowing my cousin he was extremely far gone.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter

Postby ensanimal » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:16 pm

my brother's girlfriend's dad has one now. the only problem that i have with them is that they don't completely stop someone from driving if they are impaired.

i can blow in the thing, get the car started, then have someone else drive the vehicle. :-/
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 113)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:34 pm

ensanimal wrote:my brother's girlfriend's dad has one now. the only problem that i have with them is that they don't completely stop someone from driving if they are impaired.

i can blow in the thing, get the car started, then have someone else drive the vehicle. :-/

They should have a DNA analysis on the saliva you leave on it :-b And if you can pass it, why aren't you driving instead of the drunk person?
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Invictus » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:50 pm

I think that'd be a cool toy to put on your key chain --- Hey buddy, you drunk? ---- nooothirrrrrr, aammm not drunthhh ---- *insert into mouth* --- HAH, you are drunk....

idk, im just weird. :-B

I like the tool though, drunk driving has taken too many lives already, including someone close to me, so i know the pain they bring. :~(
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:00 pm

I wouldn't think it would be that hard to get around either. Suppose you were out at a bar and had a few too many. Just stagger over to one of the girls and say "If I pay you ten bucks could you go out to my car and blow on my thing." ;-D

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby daullaz » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:56 pm

The one my friend has requires you to blow in it while you're driving every 10-15 minutes or so.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Next

Return to General Talk