Next years first round?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:11 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:injury-prone

MCAB = Ken Griffey Jr.

Are you smoking crack?
I already said I stand corrected and didnt mean for it to sound like that, im saying he reminds me of a griffey who is hot while hes young but bad luck kicks in.

So basically you are basing your opinion of Cabrera on some crap you pulled off the top of your head. Now it makes sense.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Vetterstrom » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:15 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:injury-prone

MCAB = Ken Griffey Jr.

Are you smoking crack?
I already said I stand corrected and didnt mean for it to sound like that, im saying he reminds me of a griffey who is hot while hes young but bad luck kicks in.

LOL, what do you mean by " when bad luck kicks in"? You're using the word luck, which means it's by chance. Who's to say everyone that is considered one of the top players of their generation will be riddled with repeated injuries throughout the latter portion of their career? Also, even if he were to be struck with injuries throughout the tail end of his career, what effect does that have on his value in a 12-team league next season? Another reason why this is a ridiculous statement is that Miguel Cabrera does not put forth the effort Griffey did in the OF. Griffey would try and glamorize catches, purposely taking routes to the ball which would allow him to dive, where as Miguel is a much more laid back fielder. At any rate, your adamant stance against him as a 1st rder is puzzling, and your arguments against him as one are laughable.
Vetterstrom
College Coach
College Coach

Postby djack909 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:48 pm

Got locked out of a live draft. 12 team roto.The auto draft gave me one closer. Looper in round 10. Also got Bonds in round 2 and Rolen in round 4. So what, my closers have lead of 9 saves and 31 saves on the 3rd and 4th places in that category. (Rodney, Batista, and Dempster). FAs Burrell, Hillenbrand, Ensberg and ect. have me in 1st by 13 pts. The point. Drafting closers early is foolish.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:00 pm

djack909 wrote:Got locked out of a live draft. 12 team roto.The auto draft gave me one closer. Looper in round 10. Also got Bonds in round 2 and Rolen in round 4. So what, my closers have lead of 9 saves and 31 saves on the 3rd and 4th places in that category. (Rodney, Batista, and Dempster). FAs Burrell, Hillenbrand, Ensberg and ect. have me in 1st by 13 pts. The point. Drafting closers early is foolish.

Agreed, I never draft closeres until maybe the 7th round at earliest. So many guys emerge throughout the year and so many lose their jobs its not worth wasting a top pick on a closer. Plus you can get some really good value picks for closers in the later rounds. And for one more thing, they are really only going to help you in one stat(maybe WHIP and ERA if youve got a solid closer like Mo or Nathan or K Rod.)
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby clarkw267 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:05 pm

For everyone trying to compare M-Cab to Tex.. please remember that there is a very good possibility Cabrera will play a decent amount of 3B next year, making him eligible at 2-positions. He was already a 1st round lock in my mind, but this just moves him up the board even more. I'd take M-Cab over Tex all day. And for the clown with the Grover avatar saying M-Cab = Griffey, because he's injury prone.... you are absolutely insane.
clarkw267
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:07 pm

i wasnt saying the bad luck would happen for a fact, im just saying mcab reminds me of a younger griffey, good god you people are way to tight
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:23 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:i wasnt saying the bad luck would happen for a fact, im just saying mcab reminds me of a younger griffey, good god you people are way to tight

i dont see anybody being tight... just that u made a statement, and when we refuted you,,,, you came up with a lame excuse about bad luck happening.... if you are going to make a statement saying mcab = injury prone,,, and when somebody shows you that mcab has missed a grand total of 4 games in the past 1 year and 4 months,,,,, please have something in your corner a little stronger than just "bad luck" ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gtabaplayr1 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:55 pm

Well just to basically beat a dead horse. Healthy conversations with substance and facts are at the heart of what makes this site great and why I have been reading these message boards for over 3 years now and have been posting for around 1. I only try to make posts if I feel like I have something to add to the conversation and facts to back it up. People just want you to back up your claims/opinions. The Cabrera injury prone comment obviously was incorrect :-t and other posters just wanted to make that clear ;-D .
gtabaplayr1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:07 pm

gtabaplayr1 wrote:Well just to basically beat a dead horse. Healthy conversations with substance and facts are at the heart of what makes this site great and why I have been reading these message boards for over 3 years now and have been posting for around 1. I only try to make posts if I feel like I have something to add to the conversation and facts to back it up. People just want you to back up your claims/opinions. The Cabrera injury prone comment obviously was incorrect :-t and other posters just wanted to make that clear ;-D .
oh gee well thanks guys after i read what i typed by mistake i thought it was clear
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler