Next years first round? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Next years first round?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:56 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:There's one guy who has been ranked in the top 15 hitters each of the last three years who isn't even on the list yet (only Pujols. ARod, and Manny have been as consistent a top 15 performer). Maybe he's fading a little with age, but Sheffield ought to at least get some attention.

Ya sheffield is a great consistant hitter, but people just dont like the baggage. He whines alot, and you never really know if he will just quit baseball. Also I may throw in pedro instead of santana at 12, but mwier142 where who would u pick at 12?

Right now, I have no idea. Ask me again next February, and I'll give you an answer.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:06 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:Ya sheffield is a great consistant hitter, but people just dont like the baggage. He whines alot, and you never really know if he will just quit baseball. Also I may throw in pedro instead of santana at 12, but mwier142 where who would u pick at 12?

I might care about his baggage if I really had to deal with him as a human.

I'd be concerned about having Soriano on that list, if he does leave Arlington. Check out his road numbers the last two years.

Dude he can just be benched or choose not to play. The guy has so many contract issues, hell likely sit out a whole season if he gets an extra few million in the end.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:30 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
Dude he can just be benched or choose not to play. The guy has so many contract issues, hell likely sit out a whole season if he gets an extra few million in the end.

Can you share what you are smoking?

What team is going to bench one of its best hitters for any extended period?

And for all the nonsense Sheffield talks, he's never played fewer than 130 games in the last 13 years.

Worry about things that matter, not the hallucinations induced by whatever drugs you are taking.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby zhutou » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:38 pm

Yoda wrote:It's so funny that people STILL put Teixeira over Miggy Cabrera.

Folks, Teixiera was tearing up AA when he was 22 years old.

amen
zhutou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby superfly » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:11 pm

Let's get something straight here. Teixeira started at a later age only because he went to college. He was the most feared hitter for 2 years in college baseball. He was probably going to get called up after a half season of A/AA ball, but he got injured which ended that idea. The next season he started for the Rangers and hit 26 homers with 84 RBI. We all know the rest from there.

As far as top 12 next year. Top 10 will be A-Rod, Pujols, Vlad, Tejada, Manny, Soriano, Teix, Ortiz, Miguel Cabrera and the last 2 will be anyone's guess but probably Abreu will be one of them.
superfly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:18 pm

superfly wrote:

Let's get something straight here. Teixeira started at a later age only because he went to college. He was the most feared hitter for 2 years in college baseball. He was probably going to get called up after a half season of A/AA ball, but he got injured which ended that idea. The next season he started for the Rangers and hit 26 homers with 84 RBI. We all know the rest from there.

As far as top 12 next year. Top 10 will be A-Rod, Pujols, Vlad, Tejada, Manny, Soriano, Teix, Ortiz, Miguel Cabrera and the last 2 will be anyone's guess but probably Abreu will be one of them.

So you discount what Miggy's doing at age 22? That makes sense.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:27 pm

Umm, how about Tex is having just as good a season as MCab (statisical rank #10 overall to MCabs #7) even though Tex has been in a slump as of late? And he also plays a shallower position? Of course I have both in one leauge so I'm happy ;-D I'd say

1. Pujols
2. ARod
3. Vlad
4. Soriano
5. Tejada (he'll bounce back.)
6. Tex
7. MCab
8. Ortiz
9. Abreu
10. ManRam
11. Who
12. Knows
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby warrick95 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:27 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:Ya sheffield is a great consistant hitter, but people just dont like the baggage. He whines alot, and you never really know if he will just quit baseball. Also I may throw in pedro instead of santana at 12, but mwier142 where who would u pick at 12?

I might care about his baggage if I really had to deal with him as a human.

I'd be concerned about having Soriano on that list, if he does leave Arlington. Check out his road numbers the last two years.

He's a pretty old guy. At that age, he probably knows that losing a playing year would be losing a year of cash. I don't think he'd be stupid enough to sit out an entire season for money.

IMO, Sheff isn't a volatile player; he just has a rather large mouth.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby superfly » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:29 pm

Yoda wrote:
superfly wrote:

So you discount what Miggy's doing at age 22? That makes sense.

Do you have no reading comprehension skills or something? I'd assume so since I didn't say anything about Cabrera at all.
superfly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:42 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:

Can you share what you are smoking?

What team is going to bench one of its best hitters for any extended period?

And for all the nonsense Sheffield talks, he's never played fewer than 130 games in the last 13 years.

Worry about things that matter, not the hallucinations induced by whatever drugs you are taking.

Dude its just seriously Sheff is very unpredictable, did you not follow his contract negotiations at the beginning of the year. Hes been whining about thsi and that all season hes a bubble waiting to burst. I bet one day he could just wake up and say im not gonna play today. All he thinks about is himself, and even tho hes a great producer, he is now old and as i said very unpredictable. Maybe you dont remember Sheff's early days but he actually tanked a whole season just so the Brewers would trade him. Does this count as unpredictable?
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers