Leiter over Small - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Leiter over Small

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:25 pm

david you just don't understand what people are saying here and are taking things way too literally to try to tell people they are wrong. Nobody cares about Small's past and everyone knows its nothing special; we don't need numbers to tell us that.

Right now, the way he's pitching, he's a top-2 starter on the team. That's the point- he's pitching like the best (with Chacon) on the staff right now, so he shouldn't go to the pen. There's no arguing that he's pitching like the best on the staff and thats the entire point.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sheffield81 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:55 pm

Johnson Small Leiter Mussina Chacon and sometimes proctor are the yankees' choices. So when Wright,Pavano, or brown comes back bump leiter. Chacon and Small are on a roll. This isn't a joke Chacon and Small's successs. it might be johnson, mussina, and small or chacon for the postseason rotation if brown wright and pavano can't return any time soon. the yankees' bench needs a pinch hitter for the world series and sierra will come back soon
sheffield81
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby MMoNeY24 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:13 pm

sheffield81 wrote:Johnson Small Leiter Mussina Chacon and sometimes proctor are the yankees' choices. So when Wright,Pavano, or brown comes back bump leiter. Chacon and Small are on a roll. This isn't a joke Chacon and Small's successs. it might be johnson, mussina, and small or chacon for the postseason rotation if brown wright and pavano can't return any time soon. the yankees' bench needs a pinch hitter for the world series and sierra will come back soon

Hah, lets worry about making the playoffs first, please.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby blankman » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:49 pm

After today's performance by Leiter, I don't think Joe is stupid enough to kick Small out. At least I hope not.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby mweir145 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:52 pm

blankman wrote:After today's performance by Leiter, I don't think Joe is stupid enough to kick Small out. At least I hope not.

I'm not sure, Leiter is still in position to get the win for this game, that could be enough for Torre.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Postby blankman » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:09 pm

mweir145 wrote:
blankman wrote:After today's performance by Leiter, I don't think Joe is stupid enough to kick Small out. At least I hope not.

I'm not sure, Leiter is still in position to get the win for this game, that could be enough for Torre.

If it were, Chacon wouldn't get to start considering the team hasn't gotten him the win in any games.

124 pitches, only 55% of them strikes in only 5 innings shouldn't be enough for anyone.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby mweir145 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:38 pm

blankman wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

If it were, Chacon wouldn't get to start considering the team hasn't gotten him the win in any games.

124 pitches, only 55% of them strikes in only 5 innings shouldn't be enough for anyone.

Will Small still go the the bullpen now that they pitched Chacon in the 8th, or was this a one-time deal for Chacon?

Will Chacon still start Sunday?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Previous

Return to New York Yankees