Is M-cab a first rounder next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is M-cab a first rounder next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby baseball6791 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:11 pm

I think that MCab is easily a late first rounder, and a top 6 in a keeper. Off the top of my head, the guys that I see going for sure in the first round next year are: Pujols, A-Rod, Vlad, Abreu, Soriano, Tejada, MCab, Tex. If you can show me 5 other guys who are better than MCab I'll be surprised.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:21 pm

baseball6791 wrote:I think that MCab is easily a late first rounder, and a top 6 in a keeper. Off the top of my head, the guys that I see going for sure in the first round next year are: Pujols, A-Rod, Vlad, Abreu, Soriano, Tejada, MCab, Tex. If you can show me 5 other guys who are better than MCab I'll be surprised.

my 5 better are
Manny
Ortiz
Sheff
Aramis
Crawford
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigken117 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:26 pm

of course Cabrera is a 1st rounder next season. He's only 22 and hasn't come close to peaking yet. I'd take him before I took guys over 33 expected to put up the same #'s like Manny and Sheff.
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Doughhead » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:26 pm

I can't think of 5 guys that I would take over MCab.

Not Tex, not Craw, not Manny, not Sheff, not Derrek Lee, no pitchers, not Abreu, not even Soriano or Tejada.

The only guys I would take over Miggy would be Pujols, A-Rod, and maybe Vlad. He is killing the ball and will get exponentially better each year. He will definitely win an MVP in the next three years (or more than one).
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby mweir145 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:28 pm

Yes.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby jbones733 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:31 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:I think that MCab is easily a late first rounder, and a top 6 in a keeper. Off the top of my head, the guys that I see going for sure in the first round next year are: Pujols, A-Rod, Vlad, Abreu, Soriano, Tejada, MCab, Tex. If you can show me 5 other guys who are better than MCab I'll be surprised.

my 5 better are
Manny
Ortiz
Sheff
Aramis
Crawford

i have to disagree, M Cabs is better than A Ram, Manny & Scheff are good but will be a year older, M Cbas is getting better while the rest are decling, hes also gonna be better than Ortiz , & Crawford, no way , he doesent do enough & no way id take him over M Cab

Pujols, Arod, Tejada, Soriano * I might put M Cabs next , Abreu, Manny would be right around there
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:36 pm

I would only take these guys over M-Cab at this point and time in the season, making him a 1st rounder.

Pujols
A-Rod
Vlad
Tejada
Manny
Abrue
Soriano
Beltran (yes, I said Beltran)
Tex

He's a steal if you get him anywhere out of the first round.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:17 pm

KaiserSoze wrote:Uhh, dude... Beltran hasn't hit for average in a long, long time.

Ever since Beltran left the American League:

.264 Batting Average in 738 at bats. That is a lot of at-bats to still be "adjusting"

last year with Houston: .258
this year with NewYork: .269

hmm maybe its not worth my time arguing. I was just point out how he could hit .300 if it wasnt for a terrible month. I realize that he hasnt hit for average, but hwere was he the past year, Houston. Pitchers parks usually have more field space and help your avg. I even show you proof if he just had a mediocre motnh instead of .198 he could be hitting .285 right now. And his potential with .285 or higher avg is just crazy.

KaiserSoze wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote: I dont even know where Berkman will be going in drafts but i dont think hell be close to miggy numbers.

Won't be close to miggy numbers? Maybe you should look at what Berkman has done over his career. He can easily hit .330 with 100 runs , 120 rbi and 40 homeruns.

I realize what Berkman has done in his career. Maybe you dont realize he went through a big injury. Maybe i should draft Ruben sierra, sammy sosa and vinny castilla all ahead of m cab because of their earlier seasons. He had a 40 hr season in 2002 then dropped to 25 then had a 30 hr season, and between that season and now he got an injury. Why the sudden spark back up to 40 hr? .330 avg, 120 rbi and 100 runs? You have any tips on him, he taking roids come next season???
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:19 pm

kingctb27 wrote:I would only take these guys over M-Cab at this point and time in the season, making him a 1st rounder.

Pujols
A-Rod
Vlad
Tejada
Manny
Abrue
Soriano
Beltran (yes, I said Beltran)
Tex

He's a steal if you get him anywhere out of the first round.

Kingctb27 thanks for pimpin beltran, at least some people dont quit after one freakin season, but seriously i wouldnt take him ahead of M-cab, even tho i think he may be more valuable. You could just let him slide and nab him up in the 2nd or 3rd round. I also would not take Tex, Soriano (because mcab may get 3b eligibility and may even be more valuable) or Abreu.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:39 pm

KaiserSoze wrote:I won't be taking him in the first round, that's for sure. And it's not because I don't think he's good enough. I just think there will be other guys you can wait on who will have similar statistics. Lance Berkman comes to mind.

If you don't think a 22 year old putting up Miggy's numbers in a pitcher's park is not worthy of a 1st round pick, then I'd like someo of what you are smoking.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers