Is M-cab a first rounder next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is M-cab a first rounder next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:26 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:
curious_george_43545 wrote:I expect about .315 40 100 100 which would make him a later first rounder

Im sorry but 100-100? Please, next year no chance. Delgado fitting it and hitting him in like crazy(depends on the lineup), Pierre maybe finally getting OB like he should, castillo same thing. Lowell returning to form. If this happens expect .315 40 120 120. MVP.

It's tough to agree with a guy who is a Met fan supporting Carlos Beltran because you need your head examined for that, but you're dead on with this one. M-Cab is definite MVP material next season and if the Marlins make the playoffs this year he deserves some votes. I wouldn't expect Pierre to be with the Marlins next year however. Maybe not Lowell either.

Without Pierre and lowell it could even help depending on the replacements, but for a guy hitting way over 300 now, and as you said .315 next year he has to get more than 100-100 unless hes with the Royals.

But please atrophying, just because i like to stick with my players on my favorite team, and like to stick with my gut feeling, maybe you will realize how wrong you are next year. When Beltran is back to his old form. Everybody needs time to settle into NY you should know this first hand as it is even more severe with the Yankees likely. I wasnt expecting huge numbers when Beltran came over, i also wasnt expecting this crappy a season but somewhere in the middle. I expected good defense, and hes done that. He hits the ball hard and a lot of his doubles have could of easily been home runs if just a foot or two longer/higher. Hes been really unlucky at times, and if he controls his rate of ground balls he could easily get back to form next year. I think hes cut down on the K's as of late, and really is doing much better recently.

His projected stats by the end of the season are 20 hr, 90 rbi, 77 runs, 12 sb. Now those are bad for Beltran, especially the runs as i expected 115 but maybe my mets offense expectations are a little high. !+) Next year i expect 30/25 with a 90(runs)-100 and a .280 avg. You may think a lot of these numbers are high and maybe you think i am high for thinking of this but ill break it down for you.

Lets take out June of this year, pretty much his only really bad month. and lets say make a duplicate of may and stick it in there. ATM hed be hitting 13 hr, 59 rbi, 55 runs, 6 sb. Thats pretty much what hes doing now right? Well the difference is hed be hitting a freakin .295 clip and all those numbers coming in 22 less AB might i add. With the potential to bat near .300 you know this guy can hit 30/30 even 35/35 if he just starts running more, which i expect after a year of this. :-P You may think im crazy, but come draft day and you got the last pick in the 4th round. I say take him, just wear that wrist band that says WWTMTD, and then its smooth sailing to victory. ;-D
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:30 pm

KaiserSoze wrote:I won't be taking him in the first round, that's for sure. And it's not because I don't think he's good enough. I just think there will be other guys you can wait on who will have similar statistics. Lance Berkman comes to mind.

Lance Berkman played almost every game last season and hit 105-30-105 thats when the Astros had huge long streaks and were winning a lot. And look after Beltran was traded to the Astros, after a sub par July, Berkman has his 2 best months ever. I dont even know where Berkman will be going in drafts but i dont think hell be close to miggy numbers.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:32 pm

Him and Teixiera should both be later pick first rounders. (Oh, and I have them in an auction keeper. Diesel. :-b )
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby KaiserSoze » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:34 pm

Uhh, dude... Beltran hasn't hit for average in a long, long time.

Ever since Beltran left the American League:

.264 Batting Average in 738 at bats. That is a lot of at-bats to still be "adjusting"

last year with Houston: .258
this year with NewYork: .269
KaiserSoze
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KaiserSoze » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:37 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote: I dont even know where Berkman will be going in drafts but i dont think hell be close to miggy numbers.

Won't be close to miggy numbers? Maybe you should look at what Berkman has done over his career. He can easily hit .330 with 100 runs , 120 rbi and 40 homeruns.
KaiserSoze
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rotterdam_82 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:40 pm

Of course he is. Name 12 players you'd rate higher, then I'll tell you why they are not ;-D

I think you'll be looking at 10th on average.
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby rotterdam_82 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:41 pm

On a side note, where do you guys think Berkman goes next year? 5th round maybe??
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:45 pm

mcab will be a top 12 pick next year in drafts,,, if he finishes this season anywhere close to the numbers that he has put up so far.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jbones733 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:55 pm

without a freakiung dount, M Cab is definbtley a 1st rounder, will be top 6 after that
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:07 pm

He should be a mid to late first round pick. The guy is great and will get a crazy amount of justified hype going into next year's drafts. He has the frame to gain about 15lbs of muscle before next season and should definitely make a push for a 7-10 pick.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers