Steriod Bust Rumors .. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Steriod Bust Rumors ..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JTWood » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:55 pm

bd3521 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
rich101682 wrote:In all of these discussions on steroids, how come no one ever seems to mention Brady Anderson and his magical 50 HR season?


Sorry if this is off topic, but I just thought of that. Seems he would be brought up sometimes, retired or not.


to me that was just a fluke season and we have zero evidence to suggest other wise.

Roger Maris hit 61 and never came close again, was he on roids too?


Um Brady Anderson hit 13-24 HR's (besides his *magical season) during his prime. He averaged much closer to the 13. If memory serves me right Maris hit 20+/30+ a few times in a much tougher era to go deep. Your comparision blows

Seems to me that your example just bolstered wrveres' point.
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby bd3521 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:59 pm

JTWood wrote:
bd3521 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
rich101682 wrote:In all of these discussions on steroids, how come no one ever seems to mention Brady Anderson and his magical 50 HR season?


Sorry if this is off topic, but I just thought of that. Seems he would be brought up sometimes, retired or not.


to me that was just a fluke season and we have zero evidence to suggest other wise.

Roger Maris hit 61 and never came close again, was he on roids too?


Um Brady Anderson hit 13-24 HR's (besides his *magical season) during his prime. He averaged much closer to the 13. If memory serves me right Maris hit 20+/30+ a few times in a much tougher era to go deep. Your comparision blows

Seems to me that your example just bolstered wrveres' point.

na the point is Brady juiced
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1082
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern NJ

Postby Tavish » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:07 pm

bd3521 wrote: If memory serves me right Maris hit 20+/30+ a few times in a much tougher era to go deep.


The early 60s was not a tougher era to hit HRs in compared to the mid-90s.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11066
(Past Year: 70)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:07 pm

bd3521 wrote:
JTWood wrote:Seems to me that your example just bolstered wrveres' point.

na the point is Brady juiced

Sorry... I hadn't realized that he told you that over dinner one evening. ;-7

Hey, since you're saying that the only way to explain his jump to 50+ is that he was on steroids, then I guess you're assuming he stopped juicing after that year since his HR #'s normalized after that? He probably had a guilty conscience, right? Or do you think he was still juicing when his numbers came back to earth the next year?
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby bd3521 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:11 pm

Yeah let me know when Pierre hits 50. thanks
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1082
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern NJ

Postby DGroundhog » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:51 pm

Well if Pierre does hit 50, it can obviously only be due to a fluke season and not steroid abuse according to some.

But a guy like Barry who has always had some pop in his bat has a big year, and it must be the 'roids.
Image

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1390
Joined: 3 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Esen » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:44 am

It would be the hair. itsa unnatural
~Erik
Esen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 368
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BobbyRoberto » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:25 pm

This is from an article on Baseball Prospectus today, by Will Carroll:

The scariest thing is that it doesn’t look like we’re done with this, the debate or the suspensions. Multiple sources in baseball have confirmed to me that there are ongoing appeals and/or grievances, portending future suspensions. It’s unclear how long this process takes, though indications from both the Palmeiro and Ryan Franklin cases give a two to three month timeline from test to suspension. Yes, this means that there are players out there on fields now, perhaps affecting pennant races, leading categories, or heading towards winning awards, that are facing suspensions at some point. It’s also possible that some of these procedures might not be finished during this season. This isn’t about naming names or questioning the necessary due process.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 1269
Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bothell, Washington

Postby J_Cuz » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:05 pm

JTWood wrote:
bd3521 wrote:
JTWood wrote:Seems to me that your example just bolstered wrveres' point.

na the point is Brady juiced

Sorry... I hadn't realized that he told you that over dinner one evening. ;-7

Hey, since you're saying that the only way to explain his jump to 50+ is that he was on steroids, then I guess you're assuming he stopped juicing after that year since his HR #'s normalized after that? He probably had a guilty conscience, right? Or do you think he was still juicing when his numbers came back to earth the next year?


Obviously it had NOTHING to do with a guilty conscience and everything to do with the 31 million dollar contract he signed in '97.

Before you bash someone else's deduction on this OBVIOUS FRAUD please grow up and realize what the TRUE IMPETUS for steroid use is.....

bling bling.
www.igglephans.com
J_Cuz
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 140
Joined: 21 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:08 pm

J_Cuz wrote:Before you bash someone else's deduction on this OBVIOUS FRAUD please grow up and realize what the TRUE IMPETUS for steroid use is.....

bling bling.

You had dinner with him, too?

8-o
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GiantsFan14, Johnesmype and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Apr. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(1:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Cincinnati
(1:08 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(2:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(2:20 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Miami
(4:05 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at NY Mets
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(7:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(8:05 pm)
Arizona at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(8:40 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact