Post your Movie Reviews.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Post your Movie Reviews..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Post your Movie Reviews..

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:30 pm

Well since we all like to know what movies are coming out and who has seen what I thought that we should have a movie review thread to shoe cafe members some opinions on movies that they would like to see.

So just post what movies you have seen recently and give them a score out of 10.

I'll start first.

Cinderella Man

I thought this movie was a great drama. Crowe played a great character in this movie and he showed a lot of great acting skills. This movie got you up off your seats at times, and biting your nails at different times. I really enjoyed this movie. The fact that it was a true story also made it that much better. For all you members who like to watch true story movies and sports drama's, then I suggest you watch this one. ;-D

9\10
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:59 pm

Wedding Crashers:

I'd like to say that it was the second best comedy that I've seen in recent years. (Old School was 1st) There are some lines in there that I will never forget. When Will Ferrel was yelling at his mom for meatloaf, was priceless if you ask me.

I'll give it a 8 on a scale of 1/10 ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby Rkiivs » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:49 pm

Hustle & Flow

In this case, the story is placed in the steamy dirty south of Memphis. DJay is a small-time local pimp and weed dealer who aspires to get off the road to nowhere. I immediately got sucked in from the start; DJay opens the film extolling the philosophical contrasts between dogs and men. This is one of the best monologues I've heard in a long time. He speaks in a heavy (Memphis?) accent that makes you concentrate on what he's saying in order to understand him (I actually caught myself leaning forward to listen).

His moment of inspiration comes in a church while watching (and feeling) a gospel choir. After teaming up with a couple of friends, he begins recording rap music in a spare bedroom (complete with egg crate sound proofing), reading words from his pocket notebook and his pals creating the sounds. Watching the genesis of the DIY recording with it's hardships and frustrations got me further into the story. The scene where he records one of his 'girls' singing to create a hook is endearing and from the heart. Now all they need is to get the demo into the hands the local rap hero who made it big Skinny Black (portrayed by Ludacris, who holds his own and is not onscreen long enough to distract from the story). They do get the demo to him but the story takes a surprising twist that I won't reveal here since it would be a spoiler.

Don't be fooled by it's premise as a rap music story, this is a character driven film. The story keeps you involved and the music keeps you groovin'. Note that I don't get blown away by most films, but this is one of the very few I'd recommend. It feels very real and you don't even need to be a fan of rap to enjoy it. You won't be disappointed.

No star/number rating from me as it's all subjective anyway.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby Madison » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:19 pm

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

7 out of 10, which is pretty good for me. It's one I'll watch a second time. Some cheesy parts, but enough action and storyline to keep you watching.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Pablo975 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:39 pm

"SOME JENNA JAMESON FLICK I DOWNLOADED LAST NIGHT"

ummm....It was good. :-D

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:56 pm

Pablo975 wrote:"SOME JENNA JAMESON FLICK I DOWNLOADED LAST NIGHT"

Did it involve Iron Mike?? :-b :-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DaQ » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:09 pm

I went to see Wedding Crashers today, but the stupid ticket guy at the front desk (and the other ticket person talking to him) asked for ID to show my age and my friend's age.

I showed them - I am 17 ;-D
My friend though, is a month away from being 17. :-t

So I went to see Bad News Bears instead. It's a fummy movie - Billy Bob is great! :-b

About the ticket people - I am betting the guy must have been new since I don't see anyone getting asked for their age anymore (I think). They even made me wait so they can see my friend's ID (he was in the bathroom at the time, but I think they got a glimpse of him before). I don't get it...oh well. :-?

For my review...

BAD NEWS BEARS
Very funny movie. There are several variations from the old film, probably to "modernize" it. Some of the kids roles are swapped around as well. Some moviewatchers may be saying the lines out loud...during the movie :-o

I'll give it a 8/10.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:58 am

I went to see The Dukes of Hazard tonight. I thought is was pretty good. But without Jessica in it, I really don't know how good it would have been. I guess I had big expectations for it since I saw the Wedding Crashers just last week. I'll give it.......

6/10
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:19 am

Pablo975 wrote:"SOME JENNA JAMESON FLICK I DOWNLOADED LAST NIGHT"

Tyson? :-?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:46 am

Alexander was terrible. Don't see it. 1/10.

Wedding Crashers, however, is hilarious. I do recommend seeing it. I find it funnier than Anchorman, though not as funny as Old School.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk