NCAA Bans Indian Named Teams from tournaments... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NCAA Bans Indian Named Teams from tournaments...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:43 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
warrick95 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I personally think this is a good idea...Come on now we totally are treating the entire race as a "Fairytale" Mascot. Now maybee a lacrosse team named after a Native American Culture would be appropriate since it is their sport.

I mean we did rape, kill, and steal all their land and money the least we could do is respect there culture and not name our sports teams after them like they are animals or fictious beings like leprachauns.

Ok the following isn't me joking its being serious so don't send hate mail and no yellow card please.

How is "Redskins" different then Nigger or Chink or Spic? its not.

I'm a "Redskins" Fan by the way and I still feel its messed up. We treat this culture like they are dirt...

On a side note I find it interesting that showing boobs of Western Women is blured and censored yet we can show African women's boobs and its ok.. Kinda makes them look like animals or something... "Oh its ok they aren't real people thats what there boobs look like because they are savages."

:-t

Just curious, what are your opinions about "Ragin Cajuns" and "Fighting Irish?"

Thats different... Ok if you callthem the fighting Native Americans thats cool.. Or the Fighting Illini thats cool...

Redskins? UnCool...

Indians? Uncool

Also stupid wildman looking logos are uncool as well..

I'm against the ones that are stereotypical not the historic tribal names.

Indians is uncool? 8-o

You don't hear white people saying white is uncool, and it should always be caucasians, do you?

I hear your points and agree with some of it, but at the same time I believe some of it is going way PC overboard. ;-)

Go eat an apple.

*The Carlito pic.* ;-) :-D

But they are not INDIANS... Indians live in India..we call them indians because we are retarded and columbus and etc...thought they were in india...thats why its uncool..because its like calling australians alaskans or something...I'm not against tribal names though

Umm actually American Indian is one of the preferred terms along with native Amercian. So I really don't think you have any grounds to complain about "indians". And the phrases orgins? When Columbus landed here, he thought he landed in India (completing his new route) and he thought the people he encountered were actual residents of India.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:51 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
warrick95 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I personally think this is a good idea...Come on now we totally are treating the entire race as a "Fairytale" Mascot. Now maybee a lacrosse team named after a Native American Culture would be appropriate since it is their sport.

I mean we did rape, kill, and steal all their land and money the least we could do is respect there culture and not name our sports teams after them like they are animals or fictious beings like leprachauns.

Ok the following isn't me joking its being serious so don't send hate mail and no yellow card please.

How is "Redskins" different then Nigger or Chink or Spic? its not.

I'm a "Redskins" Fan by the way and I still feel its messed up. We treat this culture like they are dirt...

On a side note I find it interesting that showing boobs of Western Women is blured and censored yet we can show African women's boobs and its ok.. Kinda makes them look like animals or something... "Oh its ok they aren't real people thats what there boobs look like because they are savages."

:-t

Just curious, what are your opinions about "Ragin Cajuns" and "Fighting Irish?"

Thats different... Ok if you callthem the fighting Native Americans thats cool.. Or the Fighting Illini thats cool...

Redskins? UnCool...

Indians? Uncool

Also stupid wildman looking logos are uncool as well..

I'm against the ones that are stereotypical not the historic tribal names.

Indians is uncool? 8-o

You don't hear white people saying white is uncool, and it should always be caucasians, do you?

I hear your points and agree with some of it, but at the same time I believe some of it is going way PC overboard. ;-)

Go eat an apple.

*The Carlito pic.* ;-) :-D

But they are not INDIANS... Indians live in India..we call them indians because we are retarded and columbus and etc...thought they were in india...thats why its uncool..because its like calling australians alaskans or something...I'm not against tribal names though

Umm actually American Indian is one of the preferred terms along with native Amercian. So I really don't think you have any grounds to complain about "indians". And the phrases orgins? When Columbus landed here, he thought he landed in India (completing his new route) and he thought the people he encountered were actual residents of India.

Thats what I was saying about Columbus...anyways I'm just saying I don't think its very cool to pretend we are honoring a culture that we destroyed by naming our sports teams after them
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby davidmarver » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:02 pm

We as Americans, not as individuals, destroyed their culture, but it doesn't mean we can't at least attempt to preserve what is left of their cultures.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby WharfRat » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:34 pm

davidmarver wrote:We as Americans, not as individuals, destroyed their culture, but it doesn't mean we can't at least attempt to preserve what is left of their cultures.

I didn't realize a stadium full of drunken college kids in Tallahassee doing the Tomahawk Chop was preserving their culture. I'm of the opinion that this whole NCAA ruling is kinda stupid, but please, let's not kid ourselves here.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby theclefe » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:14 am

acsguitar wrote:But they are not INDIANS... Indians live in India..we call them indians because we are retarded and columbus and etc...thought they were in india...thats why its uncool..because its like calling australians alaskans or something...I'm not against tribal names though

The name is quite arbitrary as the west named India in the first place. Should they also be offended by "Native Americans" since they didn't coin the term America?
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk