NCAA Bans Indian Named Teams from tournaments... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NCAA Bans Indian Named Teams from tournaments...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:26 pm

warrick95 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I personally think this is a good idea...Come on now we totally are treating the entire race as a "Fairytale" Mascot. Now maybee a lacrosse team named after a Native American Culture would be appropriate since it is their sport.

I mean we did rape, kill, and steal all their land and money the least we could do is respect there culture and not name our sports teams after them like they are animals or fictious beings like leprachauns.

Ok the following isn't me joking its being serious so don't send hate mail and no yellow card please.

How is "Redskins" different then Nigger or Chink or Spic? its not.


I'm a "Redskins" Fan by the way and I still feel its messed up. We treat this culture like they are dirt...

On a side note I find it interesting that showing boobs of Western Women is blured and censored yet we can show African women's boobs and its ok.. Kinda makes them look like animals or something... "Oh its ok they aren't real people thats what there boobs look like because they are savages."

:-t


Just curious, what are your opinions about "Ragin Cajuns" and "Fighting Irish?"


Thats different... Ok if you callthem the fighting Native Americans thats cool.. Or the Fighting Illini thats cool...

Redskins? UnCool...

Indians? Uncool

Also stupid wildman looking logos are uncool as well..

I'm against the ones that are stereotypical not the historic tribal names.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby BigMusky » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:34 pm

so you dont think this NCAA ruling is good because all the teams you dont like a PRO teams...
Image
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2780
Joined: 17 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "Milla-walk-ay"

Postby acsguitar » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:35 pm

BigMusky wrote:so you dont think this NCAA ruling is good because all the teams you dont like a PRO teams...


Well I wasn't really thinking about NCAA to PRO.. I was just debating the topic over whether native american nicknames are cool or not.

I don't know many college football teams so I probably coudn't say for sure which names are uncool
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby BigMusky » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:04 pm

ACS spits in the face of any team name that is not cool!

Image
Image
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2780
Joined: 17 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "Milla-walk-ay"

Postby acsguitar » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:21 pm

BigMusky wrote:ACS spits in the face of any team name that is not cool!

Image


Damn I'm sexy! ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:04 am

acsguitar wrote:
warrick95 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I personally think this is a good idea...Come on now we totally are treating the entire race as a "Fairytale" Mascot. Now maybee a lacrosse team named after a Native American Culture would be appropriate since it is their sport.

I mean we did rape, kill, and steal all their land and money the least we could do is respect there culture and not name our sports teams after them like they are animals or fictious beings like leprachauns.

Ok the following isn't me joking its being serious so don't send hate mail and no yellow card please.

How is "Redskins" different then Nigger or Chink or Spic? its not.


I'm a "Redskins" Fan by the way and I still feel its messed up. We treat this culture like they are dirt...

On a side note I find it interesting that showing boobs of Western Women is blured and censored yet we can show African women's boobs and its ok.. Kinda makes them look like animals or something... "Oh its ok they aren't real people thats what there boobs look like because they are savages."

:-t


Just curious, what are your opinions about "Ragin Cajuns" and "Fighting Irish?"


Thats different... Ok if you callthem the fighting Native Americans thats cool.. Or the Fighting Illini thats cool...

Redskins? UnCool...

Indians? Uncool

Also stupid wildman looking logos are uncool as well..

I'm against the ones that are stereotypical not the historic tribal names.


Indians is uncool? 8-o

You don't hear white people saying white is uncool, and it should always be caucasians, do you?

I hear your points and agree with some of it, but at the same time I believe some of it is going way PC overboard. ;-)

Go eat an apple.

*The Carlito pic.* ;-) :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:55 am

Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
warrick95 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I personally think this is a good idea...Come on now we totally are treating the entire race as a "Fairytale" Mascot. Now maybee a lacrosse team named after a Native American Culture would be appropriate since it is their sport.

I mean we did rape, kill, and steal all their land and money the least we could do is respect there culture and not name our sports teams after them like they are animals or fictious beings like leprachauns.

Ok the following isn't me joking its being serious so don't send hate mail and no yellow card please.

How is "Redskins" different then Nigger or Chink or Spic? its not.


I'm a "Redskins" Fan by the way and I still feel its messed up. We treat this culture like they are dirt...

On a side note I find it interesting that showing boobs of Western Women is blured and censored yet we can show African women's boobs and its ok.. Kinda makes them look like animals or something... "Oh its ok they aren't real people thats what there boobs look like because they are savages."

:-t


Just curious, what are your opinions about "Ragin Cajuns" and "Fighting Irish?"


Thats different... Ok if you callthem the fighting Native Americans thats cool.. Or the Fighting Illini thats cool...

Redskins? UnCool...

Indians? Uncool

Also stupid wildman looking logos are uncool as well..

I'm against the ones that are stereotypical not the historic tribal names.


Indians is uncool? 8-o

You don't hear white people saying white is uncool, and it should always be caucasians, do you?

I hear your points and agree with some of it, but at the same time I believe some of it is going way PC overboard. ;-)

Go eat an apple.

*The Carlito pic.* ;-) :-D


But they are not INDIANS... Indians live in India..we call them indians because we are retarded and columbus and etc...thought they were in india...thats why its uncool..because its like calling australians alaskans or something...I'm not against tribal names though
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby WharfRat » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:50 am

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
warrick95 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I personally think this is a good idea...Come on now we totally are treating the entire race as a "Fairytale" Mascot. Now maybee a lacrosse team named after a Native American Culture would be appropriate since it is their sport.

I mean we did rape, kill, and steal all their land and money the least we could do is respect there culture and not name our sports teams after them like they are animals or fictious beings like leprachauns.

Ok the following isn't me joking its being serious so don't send hate mail and no yellow card please.

How is "Redskins" different then Nigger or Chink or Spic? its not.


I'm a "Redskins" Fan by the way and I still feel its messed up. We treat this culture like they are dirt...

On a side note I find it interesting that showing boobs of Western Women is blured and censored yet we can show African women's boobs and its ok.. Kinda makes them look like animals or something... "Oh its ok they aren't real people thats what there boobs look like because they are savages."

:-t


Just curious, what are your opinions about "Ragin Cajuns" and "Fighting Irish?"


Thats different... Ok if you callthem the fighting Native Americans thats cool.. Or the Fighting Illini thats cool...

Redskins? UnCool...

Indians? Uncool

Also stupid wildman looking logos are uncool as well..

I'm against the ones that are stereotypical not the historic tribal names.


Indians is uncool? 8-o

You don't hear white people saying white is uncool, and it should always be caucasians, do you?

I hear your points and agree with some of it, but at the same time I believe some of it is going way PC overboard. ;-)

Go eat an apple.

*The Carlito pic.* ;-) :-D


But they are not INDIANS... Indians live in India..we call them indians because we are retarded and columbus and etc...thought they were in india...thats why its uncool..because its like calling australians alaskans or something...I'm not against tribal names though


Many "indigenous Americans" refer to themselves as "American Indians." I agree that it's a joke that the phrase had such retarded origins, but it's a common phrase nowadays, and in some Native American circles it's extremely common. I see your point, but I'm not going to be upset if they themselves have no problem with it.

Same with team names: I could see Redskins and Redmen being offensive, but really it boils down to how Native Americans feel about it. If for they most part that community wants it changed, then fine, no problem. If they don't, then I don't really have a problem with it otherwise.

"Caucasian" is a stupid term too. I'm not from the Caucasus, I'm from NJ dammit.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3056
Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Walking my fish

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:37 pm

WharfRat wrote:Many "indigenous Americans" refer to themselves as "American Indians." I agree that it's a joke that the phrase had such retarded origins, but it's a common phrase nowadays, and in some Native American circles it's extremely common. I see your point, but I'm not going to be upset if they themselves have no problem with it.


Well put. ;-D

Wharfrat wrote:Same with team names: I could see Redskins and Redmen being offensive, but really it boils down to how Native Americans feel about it. If for they most part that community wants it changed, then fine, no problem. If they don't, then I don't really have a problem with it otherwise.


I keep waiting for Cowboys and Rednecks to speak up, then everyone will see just how silly this whole thing has become. :-b

Wharfrat wrote:"Caucasian" is a stupid term too. I'm not from the Caucasus, I'm from NJ dammit.


That made me laugh. Nice one! :-D ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:38 pm

Madison wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:That's kinda like the WWF changing their name because of some Animal Group 10 years down the road.


Am I missing the sarcasm here? :-D

Just to be sure, the World Wrestling Federation did change their name to World Wrestling Entertainment, due to the World Wildlife Fund.

I'm sure you knew that already though, right? :-b

Heh, I knew it was some Wildlife Organization. Just didn't know the name !+)
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(1:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(4:05 pm)
Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact