Who reads The SportsPickle? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Who reads The SportsPickle?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who reads The SportsPickle?

Postby AT » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:01 am

There's a wonderful column this week on the childhood game, "Smeer the Queer".
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:54 am

I saw that. It's the first thing I check on Wednesday mornings. It's just so freaking hilarious. I'm laughing out loud at work half the time. It's outstanding for those of you who've never seen it.

http://www.sportspickle.com
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby AT » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:07 am

It's definitely my Wednesday morning ritual along with my partner at work as well.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:16 am

Atrophying Testicles wrote:It's definitely my Wednesday morning ritual along with my partner at work as well.

Yeah I have a buddy fro Philly, and he came to work out in Phoenix for a few months. He turned me onto the pickle and then he moved back to Boston. So now we read it Wednesday morning and shoot emails back and forth cracking each other up. It's really good stuff.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:59 am

This can't be real, can it? :-o

Want dumb? Here you go:

The study was funded by a $40 million federal grant.

What a waste of money. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AT » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:40 am

Mad, it's a sports satire website. It's all jokes. Almost none of it is real. Just this guy DJ Gallo (who also writes on Page 2) making fun of sports stories. You should read it. He's hilarious. Comes out on Wednesday mornings.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:04 am

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Mad, it's a sports satire website. It's all jokes. Almost none of it is real. Just this guy DJ Gallo (who also writes on Page 2) making fun of sports stories. You should read it. He's hilarious. Comes out on Wednesday mornings.

Glad to hear it's not real, just a bit overboard for me to really find funny I think. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AT » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:57 am

Madison wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:Mad, it's a sports satire website. It's all jokes. Almost none of it is real. Just this guy DJ Gallo (who also writes on Page 2) making fun of sports stories. You should read it. He's hilarious. Comes out on Wednesday mornings.

Glad to hear it's not real, just a bit overboard for me to really find funny I think. :-?

Try this one on about Danica Patrick. This was a portion of his "ponder this" section from sometime in June:

Television ratings were way, way down for Saturday’s IRL Bombardier Learjet 500 compared to what the Indy 500 pulled two weeks ago. Which really isn’t all that surprising considering it’s a much less prestigious race. But more than that, I don’t see Danica Patrick keeping IRL ratings up all by herself regardless of how well she performs, because wearing a helmet, buried inside a car going 200-plus mph during a race she looks exactly the same as every other driver out there. And I doubt IRL is going to strap her to the hood naked while someone else drives her car just to keep their ratings up. Although, I must admit, it is a pretty good idea – and it would negate Robby Gordon’s argument about her low weight by putting another person in her car. And as long as they position her on the hood with her crotch facing the windshield so she wouldn’t inflate during the race, I can’t think of a single reason not to do it.

The "Ponder This" section is just hilarious. Always has me falling out of my seat laughing at work on Wednesday mornings.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Return to General Talk