Shawn Green - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Shawn Green

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

will shawn green turn it around and hit 35+ HR?

yes
46%
no
54%

Total votes : 13

Shawn Green

Postby rjforlife » Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:47 am

what do you predict for him this year and for future years? i mean what is happening to him. 7 hr 31 rbi 1 steal...258 avg ?!?!??! this from a guy whos averaged 38 HR 114 rbi and a 288 avg and 21 steals over the last 5 years. and hes only 31 years old.....still in the prime of his career...does anyone have any explanation? or any history of awesome players with great consistent numbers for that long a stretch hitting the wall at 31 years old?

sorry to sound like a real whiner but i took this guy in the 3rd round of our keeper draft and he is really starting to piss me off in a NASTY way.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kcs261 » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:32 pm

I want to know the answer to this question, too. Green was also my third round pick, and he's really been a big boner. My team is still just a game out in a H-to-H league. But if Green would start hitting, I could really leave my competitor in the dust. I've also turned down a plethora of deals for Green with the hopes that he would explode. But we are now into mid-June, and I'm ready to question this guy's manhood and rename him Shawandra. From my perspective, 35 Hrs would be a lot at this point. I'd probably be happy if he went yard 30x. But it's not looking good for him right now to even reach this mark.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BankRoll » Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:14 pm

It's possible, but unlikely. He would need to be hotter than Delgado is right now for the rest of the season essentially. He would need to hit 31HR in 97 team games to get to 38HR. That is 1HR per 3.13 team games. Currently Delgado is hitting 'em out at 1HR per 3.19 team games.
BankRoll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby crazybob60 » Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:39 pm

I voted yes because he always turns it on in the second half, the dodgers whole offense is sucking right now but just wait for green to turn it on. at the end of the season he will be right around 35 homers, not 40 but right around 35, mark my word.
crazybob60
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers