Hockey bombshell trades - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Hockey bombshell trades

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:08 am

It's been a crazy couple of days. I can't believe my Blues traded Pronger... :~(
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fireball Express » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:21 am

Jivedude wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Islanders trade Peca for Mike York. That clears some cap room in order to sign Satan. I can't wait to slap that name on the back of a blue and orange sweater.

Lots of hockey buzzing right now.
Listening to Joe and Sid on WFAN today and they are talking hockey. One asks, "Where is Eric Lindros?"
The other replied, "In the produce section of Stop n Shop."
LMAO!

Was he squeezing some cantaloupes?

They were refering to him as a vegetable.
If you want to go the fruit route then his head is as soft as an over ripe melon. :-b
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:05 am

I heard something about Modano signing with the Stars, but I don't really watch hockey, so *shruggs shoulders*.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:10 am

Fireball Express wrote:
Jivedude wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Islanders trade Peca for Mike York. That clears some cap room in order to sign Satan. I can't wait to slap that name on the back of a blue and orange sweater.

Lots of hockey buzzing right now.
Listening to Joe and Sid on WFAN today and they are talking hockey. One asks, "Where is Eric Lindros?"
The other replied, "In the produce section of Stop n Shop."
LMAO!

Was he squeezing some cantaloupes?

They were refering to him as a vegetable.
If you want to go the fruit route then his head is as soft as an over ripe melon. :-b

and the Leafs are seriously thinking of signing this guy... :-o
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:32 am

Guy's I know this is off subjuct, but please explain "icing" to me.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:48 am

kingctb27 wrote:Guy's I know this is off subjuct, but please explain "icing" to me.

Icing is when a player on the opposing team dumps the puck into the other team's end but while dumping it, the puck has to pass atleast two lines in order for it to be called icing. However in the old rules, if someone touched the puck on the team that dumped it before the team trying to get an "icing" call then it would be cancelled. To signal the linesman would raise one hand to show that the play is a potential icing call to the players. Now if a team dumps a puck in, it passes to lines, and the goalie red line, then it is called icing automatically to prevent injuries.

Kinda hard to explain, but if you see it..you'll recognize it. :-°

About the Flyers, I seriously think they'll win the cup this year. They just look so powerful :-o
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:28 am

The avs are gonna blow this year.. NO Adam Foote or Forsberg...I better find a cheap ticket this year since they are playing with old people
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby reznorsboy » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:25 pm

Madison How can you not like the fastest game on earth. Say what you want about hockey but it is the most exciting pro sport to watch live. I think the reason it has trouble is because it requires a little brain power to keep up.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:09 pm

go_jays_go wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:Guy's I know this is off subjuct, but please explain "icing" to me.

Icing is when a player on the opposing team dumps the puck into the other team's end but while dumping it, the puck has to pass atleast two lines in order for it to be called icing. However in the old rules, if someone touched the puck on the team that dumped it before the team trying to get an "icing" call then it would be cancelled. To signal the linesman would raise one hand to show that the play is a potential icing call to the players. Now if a team dumps a puck in, it passes to lines, and the goalie red line, then it is called icing automatically to prevent injuries.

Kinda hard to explain, but if you see it..you'll recognize it. :-°

That made NO sense to me :-S

Hockey's not really my bag. I enjoy going to Coyotes games, but I can't stand watching it on TV unless they're fighting.

In fact, Hockey kind of bugs me because Sportscenter devotes so much coverage to it. Boooring. Hmm... how can I make the owners and the players fight again? :-?
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby BigMusky » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:59 pm

Icing I believe is if you pass the puck from red line to red line without anyone touching it. Basically hitting it all the way to the other end of the ice. The Goalie can then call for ICING if his own player touches it first, but not if the same team that passed it gets there first. The Goalie does not have to call for icing though which is done during line changes. Next time you watch, see if the goalie raises his stick meaning he wants icing called. I think the new rules were going to affect this somehow, or maybe it was offsides they are changing.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk