Where will Utley go in drafts next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where will Utley go in drafts next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RAmst23 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:47 pm

ravenmad22 wrote:
ja515y wrote:being from philly I can tell you this kid is for real. Ask any philly fan and they'll probably tell you Utley is there favorite player. Definately a keeper. I don't know what his ceiling for production would be, but he's got the speed, the power, and hits a very nice average.

More proof that Philly fans are tremendous idiots. After what Abreu has done for you for the past 7 years, Utley is your favorite player?

Since when did your favorite player have to be the best one on the team? Be a little ridiculous if every fan was required to like the same guy because he's putting up the best stats.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:49 pm

ravenmad22 wrote:
ja515y wrote:being from philly I can tell you this kid is for real. Ask any philly fan and they'll probably tell you Utley is there favorite player. Definately a keeper. I don't know what his ceiling for production would be, but he's got the speed, the power, and hits a very nice average.

More proof that Philly fans are tremendous idiots. After what Abreu has done for you for the past 7 years, Utley is your favorite player?

I think his favorite player could be Corey Lidle or Jon Lieber or even any non-Phillie for that matter. Save your elitest BS for the playground.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 354)

Postby Pedantic » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:23 am

Utley will go far too high for me.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Secret Avatar » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:52 am

I'm with Pedantic. Utley will go at least 2 rounds too early for me and probably more. I think 2B will be a deeper position next year. In addition to the usual studs like Soriano, Kent, and Vidro you'll have some very solid choices in Marcus Giles, Brian Roberts, Polanco, Weeks, Cano, Cantu, Reyes, etc. I don't think 2B will be as scarce as it was this year, and thus no reason to pay big money for a guy like Utley.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby theclefe » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:06 am

Secret Avatar wrote:I'm with Pedantic. Utley will go at least 2 rounds too early for me and probably more. I think 2B will be a deeper position next year. In addition to the usual studs like Soriano, Kent, and Vidro you'll have some very solid choices in Marcus Giles, Brian Roberts, Polanco, Weeks, Cano, Cantu, Reyes, etc. I don't think 2B will be as scarce as it was this year, and thus no reason to pay big money for a guy like Utley.

Will Reyes and Cantu be eligible for 2b next year?
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SCARPARIELLI » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:29 am

Jose Vidro is a "stud"? I don't think so. Utley is already the better option by a mile.
SCARPARIELLI
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:21 am

theclefe wrote:
Secret Avatar wrote:I'm with Pedantic. Utley will go at least 2 rounds too early for me and probably more. I think 2B will be a deeper position next year. In addition to the usual studs like Soriano, Kent, and Vidro you'll have some very solid choices in Marcus Giles, Brian Roberts, Polanco, Weeks, Cano, Cantu, Reyes, etc. I don't think 2B will be as scarce as it was this year, and thus no reason to pay big money for a guy like Utley.

Will Reyes and Cantu be eligible for 2b next year?

Reyes definetely wont be 2b eligible, as for Cantu, i dont know
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:55 am

$260 cap, 12 teams, roto, How much do you think he goes for?
I have matching rights on him next year and I was wondering about how much I would have to spend to keep him.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:01 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:$260 cap, 12 teams, roto, How much do you think he goes for?
I have matching rights on him next year and I was wondering about how much I would have to spend to keep him.

15 dollars to the max
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:13 am

Pedantic wrote:Utley will go far too high for me.

;-D

And as for $$$ value, I wouldn't go much past $10-$12 if it was me. I'd rather spend the money on proven players, especially since I don't buy into the whole position scarcity argument too much.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers