Top 12 power hitters.......interesting numbers comparison - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top 12 power hitters.......interesting numbers comparison

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:26 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Why does every thread have to be about the Yankees?

I was interested in the initial topic (top hitters hitting better with men on base) but now the hijack has gotten stupid.

Can't we have a discussion without all of the Yankee navel gazing?


Mookie, the intention of the topic was to talk about a player that happens to be on the NY Yankees. If you read the topic in Game Commentary, you would see why. That was the real reason for the topic, to attack Alex Rodriguez. And no, this is not paranioa, its very, very obvious from the other thread. The title of the topic is an attempt at deception to give himself some sort of credibility. I mean if he had named it "A-Rod is a bully" or "A-Rod isn't clutch" he'd have been starting already on a bad foot with those that hadn't read the other topic.

There is no hijack here; this is what he wanted to talk about when he started the topic from the very beginning. Wouldn't he have complained if otherwise?

Adam Dunn has been discussed at length as well.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:29 pm

wrveres wrote:I even tried to change the subject ..

To no avail ..

Oh well ..Maybe its time to "Agree to disagree"


I have agreed to do so, but the topic keeps getting brought up. New Zealand insists on talking about it, but won't answer any of my posed questions. Then he tells me I have no idea what I'm talking about. :-t
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11944
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:31 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Why does every thread have to be about the Yankees?

I was interested in the initial topic (top hitters hitting better with men on base) but now the hijack has gotten stupid.

Can't we have a discussion without all of the Yankee navel gazing?


Mook, I apologize but NZF started this thread to show that A-Rod is bad with RISP. That's why on the first page he wrote "with the notable exception of one, everyone hits better with RISP."

If you were part of the "HOLY A-ROD BATMAN!!!" thread, you know exactly why he started it.

Again, I apologize that it turned into something that you aren't happy with, but you have to realize that NZF started this thread in order for this conversation to take place, which is largely why he hasn't objected to what this thread has turned into.


NZF can be pretty acerbic but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

But let's say that this was a veiled dig at A-Rod and he was trying to get your goat or pull your chain (pick your cliche). Here's an idea: why not be the bigger man and not take the bait? Why not act maturely and ignore the perceived dig and respond to the original topic or even ignore the thread completely?

By taking the bait you just create a stupid and pointless debate, hijack a thread and ruin a potentially good topic and make both sides look petty. These disputes were amusing at first but now they are getting really tiring for those of us who have been around a while.

I'm not pointing any fingers or singling anyone out but I am appealing to everyone's maturity to rise above this crap and try acting like adults.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19486
(Past Year: 301)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby blankman » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:37 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
wrveres wrote:I even tried to change the subject ..

To no avail ..

Oh well ..Maybe its time to "Agree to disagree"


I have agreed to do so, but the topic keeps getting brought up. New Zealand insists on talking about it, but won't answer any of my posed questions. Then he tells me I have no idea what I'm talking about. :-t


Thats what I did with him earlier in the year, saying we'd wait out the year. (My suggestion, which he eventually agreed to) I said nothing and neither did anyone else and then all of a sudden he goes and starts arguing about it again.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:38 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Why does every thread have to be about the Yankees?

I was interested in the initial topic (top hitters hitting better with men on base) but now the hijack has gotten stupid.

Can't we have a discussion without all of the Yankee navel gazing?


Mook, I apologize but NZF started this thread to show that A-Rod is bad with RISP. That's why on the first page he wrote "with the notable exception of one, everyone hits better with RISP."

If you were part of the "HOLY A-ROD BATMAN!!!" thread, you know exactly why he started it.

Again, I apologize that it turned into something that you aren't happy with, but you have to realize that NZF started this thread in order for this conversation to take place, which is largely why he hasn't objected to what this thread has turned into.


NZF can be pretty acerbic but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

But let's say that this was a veiled dig at A-Rod and he was trying to get your goat or pull your chain (pick your cliche). Here's an idea: why not be the bigger man and not take the bait? Why not act maturely and ignore the perceived dig and respond to the original topic or even ignore the thread completely?

By taking the bait you just create a stupid and pointless debate, hijack a thread and ruin a potentially good topic and make both sides look petty. These disputes were amusing at first but now they are getting really tiring for those of us who have been around a while.

I'm not pointing any fingers or singling anyone out but I am appealing to everyone's maturity to rise above this crap and try acting like adults.


Point taken.

I'd like to say though, that I did not start debating in here, with an intention of starting a pointless discussion. I didn't blindly jump in, defending A-Rod because he's a Yankee; I thought that I had evidence to show NZF my side of the story, and maybe he could change my mind with his side. But this thread has turned into a stupid debate. I have tried to no end to try to present my case, only to have it ignored and belittled. I'm done with discussing this with him and won't get involved in future threads on the topic.

I apologize for taking away from the Dunn discussion, or whatever else could have been discussed.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11944
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby baseballnewb » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:50 pm

Look at ARods career numbers and you'll see he is the same in clutch as outside of clutch, just like 99% of all baseball players are. If you honestly want to use less than 100 AB's to try to prove a point, just stop posting and save people from wasting time on what you write.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 629
Joined: 8 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:52 pm

.
Last edited by BronXBombers51 on Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11944
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NZF » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:56 pm

baseballnewb wrote:Look at ARods career numbers and you'll see he is the same in clutch as outside of clutch, just like 99% of all baseball players are. If you honestly want to use less than 100 AB's to try to prove a point, just stop posting and save people from wasting time on what you write.


Clutch is non-existent. We've already established that.

It's far more than 100 AB's and his numbers in Texas are irrelevant for the reasons I've already alluded to.

Pull your head in and take the time to look at his numbers since going to the pressure cooker environment in New York.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Postby blankman » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:28 pm

NZF, can we please just do everyone a favor and stop? Wait the season out we it was agreed upon.

No one has rubbed tonight's performance in your face, as people surely could. No one's mind is going to change at this point in the season, so lets just wait. ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NZF » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:42 pm

blankman wrote:NZF, can we please just do everyone a favor and stop? Wait the season out we it was agreed upon.

No one has rubbed tonight's performance in your face, as people surely could. No one's mind is going to change at this point in the season, so lets just wait. ;-D



Lol, you are an absolute joke.

A-Rod certainly came through tonight. No doubt about it. Let's see him do it more often and I just may be convinced.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Izenhart and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Apr. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(1:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Cincinnati
(1:08 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(2:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(2:20 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Miami
(4:05 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at NY Mets
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(7:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(8:05 pm)
Arizona at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(8:40 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact