Top 12 power hitters.......interesting numbers comparison - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top 12 power hitters.......interesting numbers comparison

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:50 pm

Blank, remember what I told you in the other thread, don't even give him the satisfaction that you care what he has to say. If he's not going to acknowledge your argument, and carry on with ignorance, calling people jokes and such, let him. No need to get into useless arguments over an opinion that won't change. We've certainly had enough of that.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:19 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:Blank, remember what I told you in the other thread, don't even give him the satisfaction that you care what he has to say. If he's not going to acknowledge your argument, and carry on with ignorance, calling people jokes and such, let him. No need to get into useless arguments over an opinion that won't change.

If this is in fact what NZF is doing, then it is no different than what you do to all Hoffman arguments I have made. Quit calling out other people on one premise and then calling out another person for something you did in the past. Makes you look bad (if being a Yankees and Cowboys fan didn't already do so).

In the meantime, the number is, at the very least, interesting. Alex, when compared to other dominant batsmen, hits the worst in that situation in comparison to his regular numbers. Does it say something? Who knows, that's why he opened it up for further discussion. Quit piling on just because he doesn't think your Yankee is the best (believe me, I know how it feels).

ARod has been the difference (RBI-wise) in 7 games for the Yankees. Pujols has been the difference in 11. Manny in 14. Carlos Lee in 10. Derrek Lee in 10. Adam Dunn in 14. Teixiera in 8. Ortiz in 8. Sexson in 10. Now this number may be a bad one to use, but theoretically ARod should be in front of Dunn, C.Lee, Sexson, and D. Lee based upon the fact that there's more games for him to be a difference in (more team wins). To be honest, I just clicked Yahoo! Sports, MLB, Stats, and clicked on the HR and RBI guys and computed the difference. This is the number I have used in the past (in the HOLY AROD BATMAN thread) so don't give me a rough time.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers