Where is the sleeper speed over the rest of the season? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where is the sleeper speed over the rest of the season?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where is the sleeper speed over the rest of the season?

Postby dkakridas » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:31 pm

Anyone in the minors or on the bench (aka Macier Izturis) that will provide a nice stolen base boost over the course?
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby discodv05 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:40 pm

yeah anyone on the tampa bay team or minors. gathright but the only thing is that their lineups are always changing. someone cant make up their mind on what to do.
----------------------------------------
They call me shakezoolla, the mic rula, the old schoola, if you want a drink, ill bring it to ya!

Bonds did it with roids and Ruth did it with hot dogs and beer!
Disco
discodv05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby davidmarver » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:42 pm

Damian Jackson. Lots of eligibility and he'll probably steal another five bases before fantasy playoffs begin. ;-D
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby dkakridas » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:46 pm

discodv05 wrote:yeah anyone on the tampa bay team or minors. gathright but the only thing is that their lineups are always changing. someone cant make up their mind on what to do.

I concur. I own Gathright and he has been a BIG dispointment since his recent promotion. Lou is mind-%#&ing all of us right now by playing Hollins instead of developing his young players. With Baldelli out, there is no better time than to give Joey a _real_ chance to see what he can bring to the table....and set the table. He should be left alone in the leadoff spot for the rest of the year. Lou you are a dope if you continue this.

So other than Gathright, who is an obvious choice if he gets PT, who are the deep sleepers?

Any chance Choo from Seattle gets a chance now that Winn is injured and assuming Snelling gets injured....once again??
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:06 pm

dkakridas wrote:
discodv05 wrote:yeah anyone on the tampa bay team or minors. gathright but the only thing is that their lineups are always changing. someone cant make up their mind on what to do.

I concur. I own Gathright and he has been a BIG dispointment since his recent promotion. Lou is mind-%#&ing all of us right now by playing Hollins instead of developing his young players. With Baldelli out, there is no better time than to give Joey a _real_ chance to see what he can bring to the table....and set the table. He should be left alone in the leadoff spot for the rest of the year. Lou you are a dope if you continue this.

So other than Gathright, who is an obvious choice if he gets PT, who are the deep sleepers?

Any chance Choo from Seattle gets a chance now that Winn is injured and assuming Snelling gets injured....once again??

apparently you have never seen Joey play defense ...

and Winn is not injured.
As a matter of fact .. Winn is not even in Seatlle anymore.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby perlick29 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:27 pm

I'm not going to take credit for giving this advice, but take a look at Chris Duffy. He might be availabvle in your league. ;-D
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:30 pm

davidmarver wrote:Damian Jackson. Lots of eligibility and he'll probably steal another five bases before fantasy playoffs begin. ;-D
DM, what is Jackson's playing time? I picked him up a couple weeks ago cause he was hot and had great eligibility. But it seems like he doesn't have a starting spot anymore.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

Postby davidmarver » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:32 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Damian Jackson. Lots of eligibility and he'll probably steal another five bases before fantasy playoffs begin. ;-D
DM, what is Jackson's playing time? I picked him up a couple weeks ago cause he was hot and had great eligibility. But it seems like he doesn't have a starting spot anymore.

He's so versatile and with Blum gone, Jackson will average at least 2 at bats a night. He played left last night to pick up two at bats; today he may play short, second, third, center, right, who knows? He may even start today with a left-hander on the mound. He'll still have enough time to pick up steals.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:36 pm

dkakridas wrote:

if i was lou,,, gathright would be back in the minors somewhere,,, i would not even want him any where near my team..... just watch how the "fastest " man in the majors plays defense and hustles on the field...... then u will understand why he is not getting the playing time......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby warrick95 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:20 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
dkakridas wrote:

if i was lou,,, gathright would be back in the minors somewhere,,, i would not even want him any where near my team..... just watch how the "fastest " man in the majors plays defense and hustles on the field...... then u will understand why he is not getting the playing time......

yeah, but where are we going this year? Nowhere. Might as well play the youngsters, even if they're lackadaisical and not hustle players. I honestly don't know why LaMar and Piniella can't just reach a freaking agreement. It's pointless to have Joey rot on the bench. He's being used as a pinch runner...which isn't really helping him improve that much in the places where he needs improvement (defense is probably the main concern now). Personally, I agree with LaMar and want him to get a shot, however horrific the defense, but Lou's stubborn. I really hope he's gone after this year.

Raiders, just how bad is he? I know he takes bad routes, but when I saw him down in the minors, he seemed like a very intense player. He was pissed off as hell after grounding out in the 9th inning of a game with a man on. I didn't know that he was as apathetic as you think.

I have Gathright on a team to boost speed and he's disappointing for sure.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers