Well crap.....Halladay related - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Well crap.....Halladay related

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Well crap.....Halladay related

Postby jblank » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:19 pm

Concerns over Halladay's ability to field his position could prevent him from returning to the rotation as hoped on Sunday, the Toronto Sun reports. He's coming back from a broken bone in his left leg. "The good thing is that to this point it's been everything going forward, there's been no setbacks," he said. "I'd love to be able to pitch on that date but it's more [the training staff] call." Halladay threw a second simulated game on Tuesday.

Didnt really wanna hear that. My pitching staff is floundering a bit with him not being there and I desperately need him back if I am gonna stay in contention. I wonder whats caused the concern about the fielding all of the sudden, especially considering how quickly he has healed? Is he REALLY not healing as well as he says he is?
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Well crap.....Halladay related

Postby mweir145 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:21 pm

jblank wrote:
Concerns over Halladay's ability to field his position could prevent him from returning to the rotation as hoped on Sunday, the Toronto Sun reports. He's coming back from a broken bone in his left leg. "The good thing is that to this point it's been everything going forward, there's been no setbacks," he said. "I'd love to be able to pitch on that date but it's more [the training staff] call." Halladay threw a second simulated game on Tuesday.

Didnt really wanna hear that. My pitching staff is floundering a bit with him not being there and I desperately need him back if I am gonna stay in contention. I wonder whats caused the concern about the fielding all of the sudden, especially considering how quickly he has healed? Is he REALLY not healing as well as he says he is?

His pitching is fine, but I think the coaches are concerned with how fast he can get to first base when he covers.

And that is just a Toronto Sun report, don't trust it. ;-D

Ricciardi said last Saturday that if the Jays were in the playoffs, Halladay would be pitching. I think he will be back soon enough.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby gofish » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:23 pm

They are prob just being over cautious because he really IS that franchise right now so I wouldn't mind seeing him get a little more time from an injury like that. !+)
gofish
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jblank » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:24 pm

mweir145 wrote:
jblank wrote:

His pitching is fine, but I think the coaches are concerned with how fast he can get to first base when he covers.

Ricciardi said last Saturday that if we were in the playoffs, Halladay would be pitching. I think he will be back soon enough.

Screw fielding!!!! <just kidding> Ok, I will take that report with a grain of salt then. Maybe could devise some way of minimizing his running, having the guys play in a bit more.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mweir145 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:30 pm

jblank wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
jblank wrote:

Ricciardi said last Saturday that if we were in the playoffs, Halladay would be pitching. I think he will be back soon enough.

Screw fielding!!!! <just kidding> Ok, I will take that report with a grain of salt then. Maybe could devise some way of minimizing his running, having the guys play in a bit more.

Well they already have argueably the best fielder in the game of baseball at second base, but I still don't think that is enough especially with Eric Hinske playing at first the majority of the time. :-o

I still wouldn't be surprised if he pitched on Sunday.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby discodv05 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:54 pm

maybe he needs just a little more time so he can heal heal...
----------------------------------------
They call me shakezoolla, the mic rula, the old schoola, if you want a drink, ill bring it to ya!

Bonds did it with roids and Ruth did it with hot dogs and beer!
Disco
discodv05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bdrotoronto » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:07 pm

Yeah, I heard something like this on the radio a few days ago, that his pitching is back to full level, but when he went to field a ground ball he was noticably limping and they didn't like the look of that.. otherwise he probably would've started a game in this White Sox series..

I'm not sure that rushing him back for a game against the Yankees is the smartest thing, especially since he's unquestionably the franchise around here.. on the other hand I was thinking about going to that game, so hopefully he will pitch.. ;-D
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fireball Express » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:08 pm

I didn't want to start him vs the Yanks anyway.
The important part here is that he comes back totaly healthy. I don't want him hurt trying to field a bunt. I need him back to full form so he can help me dominate my FB Playoffs.

Just a side note. Halladay got hit w/ a line drive. Is it me or is this the cause of injury de jour. Seems like the line drive back to the mound has taken down quite a few pitchers this year. Doc, Prior, Clement and a few others I believe.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby theskaboss » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:19 pm

Fireball Express wrote:Just a side note. Halladay got hit w/ a line drive. Is it me or is this the cause of injury de jour. Seems like the line drive back to the mound has taken down quite a few pitchers this year. Doc, Prior, Clement and a few others I believe.

Yea definatly, i dont remeber it ever happening as often as it is this year.... :-? :-t
theskaboss
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Laean » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:30 pm

i'm in 1st place so i'd prefer him taking it slow and coming back at 100%. ;-D
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers