Eaton? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Eaton?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Eaton?

Postby Philliebuster » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:46 am

Ok, so he finally got some work in in a relief role, does anyone have any info on when he might return to the starting rotation, and how his progress with the breaking balls are coming along? Are we expecting him to be effective once he returns?
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby quietstorm » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:49 pm

I wasn't aware that he was supposed to be coming back into the rotation. I wouldn't bet on it this year, if anything else. I think he'll probably focus on his job, and then work on his breaking ball in the offseason.
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Philliebuster » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:05 pm

Most updates i've read have said something like the following, which say he'll be returning, but no progress on his breaking stuff....which I thought he was not going to be attempting, which made me think he was not going back to the starting role. Maybe he has made some progress...or he's just going to take his chances with his other pitches?

Per Rotoworld:
Adam Eaton made his first appearance since returning from a strained middle finger and pitched a scoreless ninth inning in a 11-3 game against the Pirates tonight.

Eaton walked one and threw 7 of 14 pitches for strikes in the blowout. He'll be moved back into the rotation in a couple of weeks, but he shouldn't be used while he's working out of the bullpen.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:52 am

This guy's long wait from an injured finger had been really making me angry, and now he might not make it back to the rotation at all? :-P
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Sunspot » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:14 am

Eaton is a starter, and a very good one at that. He is not a reliever. This is temporary, he will be back in the rotation in a couple weeks at the latest. What? do you really think Chan HO Park is going to bump him out? Eaton will be at full strength for fantasy playoffs at the latest. Now that I said all that, I should probably tell you all that this is just my hunch talking, my brain says, "Please make Adams little fingy wingy be ok so he can start again"
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby clarkw267 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:45 pm

From Stats Inc. :

Aug 10 Eaton has pitched out of the bullpen for the Padres recently as he works his way back from a strained flexor tendon in his right middle finger. However, in hopes of getting him back in the rotation for the stretch run, the team has placed the righthander back on the 15-day disabled list to give him a chance to get some extended outings under his belt in the minor leagues. Eaton is expected to make one start at Class-A Lake Elsinore and two starts for Triple-A Portland.

Advice: If all goes as planned, Eaton should be back in the Padres' rotation around August 25. The finger injury forced him to miss more than six weeks of action. Lefthander Chris Hammond was activated to fill the open spot on the roster and in the bullpen.
clarkw267
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Philliebuster » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:45 am

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

Per Rotoworld:
Adam Eaton (finger) said he's thrown a few curveballs that felt like they did before the finger inflammation put him on the disabled list for six weeks.
''I might have turned the corner on the curveball,'' he said. He feels great and is throwing all of his pitches without any problems. His next step is to throw about 60 pitches in Monday's game with Triple-A Portland, and he'll then need to get up to about 100 pitches before rejoining the Padres' rotation.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates