So, Rangers fans! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

So, Rangers fans!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So, Rangers fans!

Postby davus » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:21 pm

Still pretty excited 'bout that Nevin deal? Don't worry, I actually went and picked him up when I thought he might end up qualifying at C. :-P
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Doughhead » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:22 pm

Why is he hitting clean-up with all of those other options? There are at least three guys who should be hitting ahead of him in that lineup. :-?
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby BobbyRoberto » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:18 am

I doubt even Rangers fans were excited about picking up Nevin, other than being able to unload Chan Ho Park.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Laean » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:42 am

Doughhead wrote:Why is he hitting clean-up with all of those other options? There are at least three guys who should be hitting ahead of him in that lineup. :-?

a healthy nevin on his game in the rangers park would actually be a solid clean up hitter in my opinion.

i'm guessing the 3 players you can think of are blalock, soriano, and mench. of the 3, i think only soriano would possibly make a solid cleanup hitter. mench is having a great year, but i'd still feel nervous about putthing him at cleanup at this point. blalock does jack squat against lefties and whenever he's away from home. soriano could bat cleanup, but i think i'd prefer having him in the 5th or 6th spot or so so he can generate some offense with his speed if necessary.

as a padres fan, i'm sure glad we got chan ho instead of ponson ... though it's still kind of like getting herpes instead of genital warts.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Re: So, Rangers fans!

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:35 pm

davus wrote:Still pretty excited 'bout that Nevin deal? Don't worry, I actually went and picked him up when I thought he might end up qualifying at C. :-P

Absolutely! The money is a wash, so would you rather have Park on the mound, or Nevin in your lineup?

Easy answer for me. :-° Getting rid of Park was probably the best move we could have made, other than signing a stud pitcher anyway. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby slomo007 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:12 pm

Nevin could go 0 for his first 50 as a Ranger and I would still LOVE him WAY more than Chan Ho Park. Nevin will come around...but no, he shouldn't be batting 4th.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Return to Baseball Leftovers