Anything more annoying than ignored trade offers? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anything more annoying than ignored trade offers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anything more annoying than ignored trade offers?

Postby Doughhead » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:08 pm

What do you do when you make a legitimate trade proposal and it just sits there? Is this not the height of fantasy rudeness? :-o
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Box » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:12 pm

People making ridiculous trade offers that insult your intelligence irk me a little more. I got an offer of Daniel Cabrera for Rich Harden today and the owner was trying to convince me that Cabrera would have a better career. I wanted to start punching things right there.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Doughhead » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:17 pm

Good point. That is annoying. But more in a funny way--you just have a chuckle, hit REJECT, and move on. With ignored trades, you never know: Is the guy mulling it over? Does he think it is a lousy offer and doesn't even feel like he needs to bother to reject it? Is he waiting to see how something will play out? Tonight? This weekend? A little feedback would be appreciated, ya know? It makes me not want to deal with some people.
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby bdrotoronto » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:24 pm

Doughhead wrote:Good point. That is annoying. But more in a funny way--you just have a chuckle, hit REJECT, and move on. With ignored trades, you never know: Is the guy mulling it over? Does he think it is a lousy offer and doesn't even feel like he needs to bother to reject it? Is he waiting to see how something will play out? Tonight? This weekend? A little feedback would be appreciated, ya know? It makes me not want to deal with some people.

I agree, both situations are really annoying, but I find the ignored proposal even moreso. At least when someone sends me a counter-offer like Jeter and Figgins for Vidro, I know its time to move on to some other trading candidate. :-/

Eventually after a few hours (or up to a day at most) I end up cancelling any trade offer, more to preserve my sanity than anything else, rather than get involved in all the 'what if's or speculation about what's going on and what he's thinking..

heh, sounds a bit too much like my dating life.. :-b
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Doughhead » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:26 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:
Doughhead wrote:Good point. That is annoying. But more in a funny way--you just have a chuckle, hit REJECT, and move on. With ignored trades, you never know: Is the guy mulling it over? Does he think it is a lousy offer and doesn't even feel like he needs to bother to reject it? Is he waiting to see how something will play out? Tonight? This weekend? A little feedback would be appreciated, ya know? It makes me not want to deal with some people.

I agree, both situations are really annoying, but I find the ignored proposal even moreso. At least when someone sends me a counter-offer like Jeter and Figgins for Vidro, I know its time to move on to some other trading candidate. :-/

Eventually after a few hours (or up to a day at most) I end up cancelling any trade offer, more to preserve my sanity than anything else, rather than get involved in all the 'what if's or speculation about what's going on and what he's thinking..

heh, sounds a bit too much like my dating life.. :-b

LOL. Comparing fantasy to dating....which drives you crazier???
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Re: Anything more annoying than ignored trade offers?

Postby DK » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:36 pm

Doughhead wrote:Anything more annoying than ignored trade offers?

The Olsen twins.

Doughhead wrote:What do you do when you make a legitimate trade proposal and it just sits there? Is this not the height of fantasy rudeness? :-o

Yeah, it annoys me too. It's something you have to live with, because some owners are bound to be inactive or on vacation, etc. What annoys me more is getting a terrible trade offer sent my way, something that was already said...
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Trot Nixon » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:45 pm

One word: NO!
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fantasy Guru » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:25 pm

I was just offered MacDougal and Shields for my Schilling.

What makes these owners tick? Are they just hoping I would accidentally hit accept?
ImageYeah.. this "fantasy guru" thing is just a user name, folks.
Fantasy Guru
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:52 pm

Being offered an absurd trade that doesn't even warrant me taking the time to click 'Reject Trade' annoys me far beyond the non-response. The only other alternative to it is replying with an offer of, say, Jeromy Burnitz for A-Rod, so the opposing GM gets the hint.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:46 am

great post! This is one of my BIGGGGEST pet peeves when it comes to fantasy sports. My league doesnt have any kind of way to make an official offer and leave it active till someone rejects or accepts it type of system on the site. It is strictly email,phone or whatever till the deal is done then one of you puts it in the system. I send out several offers at LEAST once a week just trying to spark some kind of trade talk. I am sure at times i have made some lame offers but by and large i can honestly say i think my offers are usually pretty reasonable. There are a couple of owners who NEVER respond ,,,,not to say ....sure, no thanks, kiss my arse,,,,or make a counter offer. It is not even a matter of them being inactive owners, cause they do things all the time and are generally good owners. I am just dying for one of them to contact ME and make an offer when they need something..... I know two wrongs dont make a right,,,,,but maybe they DO make me feel better lol.

INK
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers