Steroids - is anyone still in denial? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Steroids - is anyone still in denial?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tokugawa » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:43 am

To clarify a few points:

Hiding is exactly what American sports and baseball in specific are doing, hiding from the fact that steroids are prevalent and doing very little about it. Other countries have taken a stand why not the US. In England, Dwain Chambers, the countries brightest sprinter was banned for two years no more questions asked, in the US Marion Jones and the whole plethora of others keep competing. In England, Rio Ferdinand an A-Rod equivalent socer player was banned 8 months not for failing a test but for accidentally missing one (whether you believe it was accidental or not the punishment was still much harsher than baseball's ten days for a failed test)

I'm not attacking the US in general, I'm attacking the weak regualtion of drug taking in professional sports in specific. It's a shame that simply because someone posts with the name "Tokugawa" WWII references are made. Truly pathetic. Right now there is a lack of integrity in baseball, if you disagree, just re-watch McGwire's testimony or for that matter Palmiero's.

The comments about Japan were in reference to steroids in baseball. Yes as a country throughout history Japan has made mistakes as has every other country in this world. I'm sorry you didn't realise I was talking about baseball before providing bigotted responses. If a player in Japan tested positvie for steroids he wouldn't be sheltered by his teamates but rather in the interest of respecting the game would be encouraged to come forward, apologise and hang his head in shame, Giambi style. Don't be scared of a culture you don't understand simply because it is different.

If you guys want to talk about WWII, that's a different topic, but go ahead I would love to hear your opinions.
Tokugawa
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:11 am

Tokugawa wrote:To clarify a few points:

Hiding is exactly what American sports and baseball in specific are doing, hiding from the fact that steroids are prevalent and doing very little about it. Other countries have taken a stand why not the US. In England, Dwain Chambers, the countries brightest sprinter was banned for two years no more questions asked, in the US Marion Jones and the whole plethora of others keep competing. In England, Rio Ferdinand an A-Rod equivalent socer player was banned 8 months not for failing a test but for accidentally missing one (whether you believe it was accidental or not the punishment was still much harsher than baseball's ten days for a failed test)

I'm not attacking the US in general, I'm attacking the weak regualtion of drug taking in professional sports in specific. It's a shame that simply because someone posts with the name "Tokugawa" WWII references are made. Truly pathetic. Right now there is a lack of integrity in baseball, if you disagree, just re-watch McGwire's testimony or for that matter Palmiero's.

The comments about Japan were in reference to steroids in baseball. Yes as a country throughout history Japan has made mistakes as has every other country in this world. I'm sorry you didn't realise I was talking about baseball before providing bigotted responses. If a player in Japan tested positvie for steroids he wouldn't be sheltered by his teamates but rather in the interest of respecting the game would be encouraged to come forward, apologise and hang his head in shame, Giambi style. Don't be scared of a culture you don't understand simply because it is different.

If you guys want to talk about WWII, that's a different topic, but go ahead I would love to hear your opinions.

Ok I understand your anger ...

I think .. :-?

However, it is misguided.
Let me help you.

A) Commissioners Office

B) Fans

C) Baseball Players Union

D) Americans

Which one is balking at drug testing ?
Which one was adamant about not having "speed" be on the current testing program.
Which one refuses to reply to Seligs request to strengthen the suspensions?

Here is a Hint ..

C) Baseball Players Union Image

Oh and would you please stop telling everybody to F*&K off that doesn't agree with you? It just makes you look dumb and naive.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby davus » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:36 am

wrveres wrote:

Ok I understand your anger ...

I think .. :-?

However, it is misguided.
Let me help you.

A) Commissioners Office

B) Fans

C) Baseball Players Union

D) Americans

Which one is balking at drug testing ?
Which one was adamant about not having "speed" be on the current testing program.
Which one refuses to reply to Seligs request to strengthen the suspensions?

Here is a Hint ..

C) Baseball Players Union Image

Oh and would you please stop telling everybody to F*&K off that doesn't agree with you? It just makes you look dumb and naive.

;-D

The fans largely would love to get that crap out of the sport. I have stopped going to sporting events for the most part to keep my money out of their hands, but I don't know what else I can possibly do and I it's not important enough to me that I'm going to go out of my way to try to fix baseball. Sorry.
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby josebach » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:43 am

Tokugawa wrote:This has nothing to do with anything, but thanks. A true patriot is someone who can see what is wrong with his country and who wishes to improve it. Not somone who hides.

Tokugawa wrote:I'm sorry you didn't realise I was talking about baseball before providing bigotted responses.

As much as you're trying to talk your way out of it, your true colors are shining through very clearly.

First of all, it was not widely know until recently that steroids was being used as prevalently as it is in MLB (at least outside of the baseball world). What happens when some light is shined on the issue? Congress gets involved.

One thing you need to remember. The NFL, MLB, NHL and NBA do not compete internationally (with the obvious exception of Canada). Individuals in this country have more rights than other countries. In dealing with those rights, it's a whole lot harder to implement legislation to take away those rights. Whenever Americans compete in international sports competitions like track and field, the olympics, soccer, cycling etc., we are held to the same testing standards as everyone else.

In other words, we're working on cleaning up baseball. Get off your f*cking pedestal.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:01 am

Tokugawa wrote:Other countries have taken a stand why not the US. In England, Dwain Chambers, the countries brightest sprinter was banned for two years no more questions asked, in the US Marion Jones and the whole plethora of others keep competing.

I forgot to mention a couple mistakes you made.
1) Marion Jones has never failed a drug test.
2) Current USATF rules call for a two-year ban for the first steroid offense.

Where is this plethora of others that keep competing? If you don't know what you're talking about, you shouldn't just make stuff up.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Tokugawa » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:01 am

Jose,

It's very easy to quote someone out of context, good job why don't you ask Martin Bashir for a job when he edits his next interview with Michael Jackson for Panorama.
Tokugawa
College Coach
College Coach

Postby josebach » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

Tokugawa wrote:Jose,

It's very easy to quote someone out of context, good job why don't you ask Martin Bashir for a job when he edits his next interview with Michael Jackson for Panorama.

You can keep up the charade if you want to. Everybody that's read your posts in this thread know that the problems you have with the USA are not solely related to baseball and the steroid policies of our professional sports.

Tokugawa wrote:Baseball is a joke and all those people living in denial should shoot themselves.

If baseball is such a joke, WHY ARE YOU HERE???

Besides, don't you mean hari-kari? :-b
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers