Abreu? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Abreu?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:29 pm

I hate when people say it's retarded to bench stud players like Abreu or Vlad. If they are slumping, why the hell shouldn't you bench them? They aren't helping you. When they have a good game, you stick them back in. I've won 2/3 championships doing this. It's different with pitchers but there is no reason you can't bench Abreu if you're in a daily transaction league.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chuckles » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:25 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:I hate when people say it's retarded to bench stud players like Abreu or Vlad. If they are slumping, why the hell shouldn't you bench them? They aren't helping you. When they have a good game, you stick them back in. I've won 2/3 championships doing this. It's different with pitchers but there is no reason you can't bench Abreu if you're in a daily transaction league.

Seriously man, didn't you see Vlad go off tonight?!!? Had you benched him you WOULD HAVE felt retarded!!! That's what Abreu is capable of, and that's why I for one won't bench him. Will I call people "retarded" for benching him? Of course not. But I personally wouldn't bench Abreu, Vlad or any stud. Well, maybe Beltran, but that's a different story!!! :-o
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:34 pm

I'm now accepting offers to sit Abreu. If I sit him, he'll have a monster game. As long as I leave him in, he'll keep doing what he's been doing this past month. Any offers? ;-D
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:37 pm

Chuckles wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:I hate when people say it's retarded to bench stud players like Abreu or Vlad. If they are slumping, why the hell shouldn't you bench them? They aren't helping you. When they have a good game, you stick them back in. I've won 2/3 championships doing this. It's different with pitchers but there is no reason you can't bench Abreu if you're in a daily transaction league.

Seriously man, didn't you see Vlad go off tonight?!!? Had you benched him you WOULD HAVE felt retarded!!! That's what Abreu is capable of, and that's why I for one won't bench him. Will I call people "retarded" for benching him? Of course not. But I personally wouldn't bench Abreu, Vlad or any stud. Well, maybe Beltran, but that's a different story!!! :-o

I would not have. 2 homeruns, 5 RBIs tonight. What has he given me over the past month? Like 1 homer and an average of .150? I'd gladly give up the 2 homer, 5 RBI night in exchange for not having to take on the .150 BA and power drought for a month. People get infatuated with one night. For the most part, it doesn't play into the grand scheme of things unless you're in a H2H league. I don't play H2H, I play Roto, so maybe I don't fully understand your point of view. But in Roto, there is zero reason why you can't bench a stud if he's playing like crap over a long period of time.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby EnFuego » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:39 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Chuckles wrote:

I would not have. 2 homeruns, 5 RBIs tonight. What has he given me over the past month? Like 1 homer and an average of .150? I'd gladly give up the 2 homer, 5 RBI night in exchange for not having to take on the .150 BA and power drought for a month. People get infatuated with one night. For the most part, it doesn't play into the grand scheme of things unless you're in a H2H league. I don't play H2H, I play Roto, so maybe I don't fully understand your point of view. But in Roto, there is zero reason why you can't bench a stud if he's playing like crap over a long period of time.

Agreed in Roto, it means nothing...I have been benching Helton and Beltran for a good part of this year...
EnFuego
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:42 pm

chadlincoln wrote:I'm now accepting offers to sit Abreu. If I sit him, he'll have a monster game. As long as I leave him in, he'll keep doing what he's been doing this past month. Any offers? ;-D

$ 5.00

and I will wear a Pedro on a stick avatar for a week.

I own Bobby on every team (7)

Pleeeeeaaase bench him for a week!!
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby AKhomebrewer » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:47 pm

Aw, man, you gotta do that, chad ...

Just to see the Pedro on a stick.
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Chuckles » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:11 pm

EnFuego wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
Chuckles wrote:

Agreed in Roto, it means nothing...I have been benching Helton and Beltran for a good part of this year...

I haven't played roto for a while, but I see your point. I play more points leagues than anything, and even then I guess I can see where you're coming from. .150 for a month ain't all that hot!!! :-P
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers