Abreu? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Abreu?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:29 pm

I hate when people say it's retarded to bench stud players like Abreu or Vlad. If they are slumping, why the hell shouldn't you bench them? They aren't helping you. When they have a good game, you stick them back in. I've won 2/3 championships doing this. It's different with pitchers but there is no reason you can't bench Abreu if you're in a daily transaction league.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chuckles » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:25 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:I hate when people say it's retarded to bench stud players like Abreu or Vlad. If they are slumping, why the hell shouldn't you bench them? They aren't helping you. When they have a good game, you stick them back in. I've won 2/3 championships doing this. It's different with pitchers but there is no reason you can't bench Abreu if you're in a daily transaction league.


Seriously man, didn't you see Vlad go off tonight?!!? Had you benched him you WOULD HAVE felt retarded!!! That's what Abreu is capable of, and that's why I for one won't bench him. Will I call people "retarded" for benching him? Of course not. But I personally wouldn't bench Abreu, Vlad or any stud. Well, maybe Beltran, but that's a different story!!! :-o
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1629
Joined: 15 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: USA

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:34 pm

I'm now accepting offers to sit Abreu. If I sit him, he'll have a monster game. As long as I leave him in, he'll keep doing what he's been doing this past month. Any offers? ;-D
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10983
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:37 pm

Chuckles wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:I hate when people say it's retarded to bench stud players like Abreu or Vlad. If they are slumping, why the hell shouldn't you bench them? They aren't helping you. When they have a good game, you stick them back in. I've won 2/3 championships doing this. It's different with pitchers but there is no reason you can't bench Abreu if you're in a daily transaction league.


Seriously man, didn't you see Vlad go off tonight?!!? Had you benched him you WOULD HAVE felt retarded!!! That's what Abreu is capable of, and that's why I for one won't bench him. Will I call people "retarded" for benching him? Of course not. But I personally wouldn't bench Abreu, Vlad or any stud. Well, maybe Beltran, but that's a different story!!! :-o


I would not have. 2 homeruns, 5 RBIs tonight. What has he given me over the past month? Like 1 homer and an average of .150? I'd gladly give up the 2 homer, 5 RBI night in exchange for not having to take on the .150 BA and power drought for a month. People get infatuated with one night. For the most part, it doesn't play into the grand scheme of things unless you're in a H2H league. I don't play H2H, I play Roto, so maybe I don't fully understand your point of view. But in Roto, there is zero reason why you can't bench a stud if he's playing like crap over a long period of time.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EnFuego » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:39 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Chuckles wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:I hate when people say it's retarded to bench stud players like Abreu or Vlad. If they are slumping, why the hell shouldn't you bench them? They aren't helping you. When they have a good game, you stick them back in. I've won 2/3 championships doing this. It's different with pitchers but there is no reason you can't bench Abreu if you're in a daily transaction league.


Seriously man, didn't you see Vlad go off tonight?!!? Had you benched him you WOULD HAVE felt retarded!!! That's what Abreu is capable of, and that's why I for one won't bench him. Will I call people "retarded" for benching him? Of course not. But I personally wouldn't bench Abreu, Vlad or any stud. Well, maybe Beltran, but that's a different story!!! :-o


I would not have. 2 homeruns, 5 RBIs tonight. What has he given me over the past month? Like 1 homer and an average of .150? I'd gladly give up the 2 homer, 5 RBI night in exchange for not having to take on the .150 BA and power drought for a month. People get infatuated with one night. For the most part, it doesn't play into the grand scheme of things unless you're in a H2H league. I don't play H2H, I play Roto, so maybe I don't fully understand your point of view. But in Roto, there is zero reason why you can't bench a stud if he's playing like crap over a long period of time.


Agreed in Roto, it means nothing...I have been benching Helton and Beltran for a good part of this year...
EnFuego
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1300
Joined: 8 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Queens

Postby wrveres » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:42 pm

chadlincoln wrote:I'm now accepting offers to sit Abreu. If I sit him, he'll have a monster game. As long as I leave him in, he'll keep doing what he's been doing this past month. Any offers? ;-D


$ 5.00

and I will wear a Pedro on a stick avatar for a week.

I own Bobby on every team (7)


Pleeeeeaaase bench him for a week!!
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31781
(Past Year: 734)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AKhomebrewer » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:47 pm

Aw, man, you gotta do that, chad ...

Just to see the Pedro on a stick.
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3240
Joined: 4 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Offshore

Postby Chuckles » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:11 pm

EnFuego wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
Chuckles wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:I hate when people say it's retarded to bench stud players like Abreu or Vlad. If they are slumping, why the hell shouldn't you bench them? They aren't helping you. When they have a good game, you stick them back in. I've won 2/3 championships doing this. It's different with pitchers but there is no reason you can't bench Abreu if you're in a daily transaction league.


Seriously man, didn't you see Vlad go off tonight?!!? Had you benched him you WOULD HAVE felt retarded!!! That's what Abreu is capable of, and that's why I for one won't bench him. Will I call people "retarded" for benching him? Of course not. But I personally wouldn't bench Abreu, Vlad or any stud. Well, maybe Beltran, but that's a different story!!! :-o



I would not have. 2 homeruns, 5 RBIs tonight. What has he given me over the past month? Like 1 homer and an average of .150? I'd gladly give up the 2 homer, 5 RBI night in exchange for not having to take on the .150 BA and power drought for a month. People get infatuated with one night. For the most part, it doesn't play into the grand scheme of things unless you're in a H2H league. I don't play H2H, I play Roto, so maybe I don't fully understand your point of view. But in Roto, there is zero reason why you can't bench a stud if he's playing like crap over a long period of time.


Agreed in Roto, it means nothing...I have been benching Helton and Beltran for a good part of this year...


I haven't played roto for a while, but I see your point. I play more points leagues than anything, and even then I guess I can see where you're coming from. .150 for a month ain't all that hot!!! :-P
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1629
Joined: 15 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: USA

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Sep. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(3:40 pm)
Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact