El Duque for Juan Uribe?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

El Duque for Juan Uribe??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

El Duque for Juan Uribe??

Postby leftfield8 » Sun Apr 14, 2002 9:09 pm

I may have an opportunity to pick up Juan Uribe off waivers tonight. However, I need some recommendations about who to waive. According to this, who would you waive?

SP - Johnson, Buerle, Oswalt, Astacio, Damico, K Brown, Beckett, O Hernandez

OF - M. Ramirez, Pujols, Giles, Justice, Hidalgo, Griffey and Sierra

I just picked up Sierra for some insurance while Griffey is out. He seems to be hot so I thought I might get some points for him. Of my pitchers, Duque is about the only one I would want to waive.

Any recommendations? I hate to wiave pitching, but is Sierra worth keeping rather then El Duque? Any Help would be appreciated.
leftfield8
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Mon Apr 15, 2002 5:21 am

With a roster like that, it's hard to waive anyone. I think the choice comes down to Sierra and El Duque, as you said, but also D'Amico, who I'd value at about El Duque's level. That doesn't matter, though: Sierra is the one to drop, in spite of his currently hot bat. Two reasons: first, he won't play every day once Edgar returns; and second, you really don't need seven outfielders...

Go get Uribe - you won't regret it!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

OF

Postby cwebb » Mon Apr 15, 2002 6:00 am

I know your problem, having seven outfielders, seven great outfielders. You don't want to drop any of them but you have to if you want to stay at the top of competition.

Don't be afraid to trade one of your top OF (and maybe another one) for a top closer or an upgrade at other positions. Your OF won't suffer much anyways and other teams might need help for their offense.
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bender » Sun Apr 21, 2002 10:46 pm

Juan Uribe is available as a FA in my league at the moment. Should I get him for Valentin or Cabrera or something? Valentin has hit a couple of homers recently so I don't want to get rid of him just yet really.
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:30 am

Uribe is the real deal. Give him another year or two, and he'll be the undisputed best shortstop in the NL, and he's pretty solid already. Cabrera and Valentin are also good, but I think the best combination of those three guys would be Uribe playing at home, and one of the other two playing when Uribe's on the road. If you like Valentin over Cabrera, drop Cabrera (not that he's shabby, either).
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers