help out a first time sig maker - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

help out a first time sig maker

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Postby Big Nasty » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:10 pm

bucsfan04 wrote:Thanks for all the advice guys, just made another sig which i like better than the first one.

When i hosted it through imageshack.us the letters became fuzzy. Anybody know why this is?

It lost quality when you downsized it.
Big Nasty
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby LooseCannon » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:52 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:ok sorry i meant magic wand. AND please i repeat please do not use the magic wang tool. 8-o :-D

Oops :*) Already did ;-D

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bucsfan04 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:36 pm

Big Nasty wrote:
bucsfan04 wrote:Thanks for all the advice guys, just made another sig which i like better than the first one.

When i hosted it through imageshack.us the letters became fuzzy. Anybody know why this is?

You mean when i hosted it the website downsized it? When i made it it was 300 x 100 (pixels) and it doesn't really look like it shrunk. Is there a way to fix the fuzziness?
bucsfan04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby Big Nasty » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:48 am

bucsfan04 wrote:
Big Nasty wrote:

You mean when i hosted it the website downsized it? When i made it it was 300 x 100 (pixels) and it doesn't really look like it shrunk. Is there a way to fix the fuzziness?

I'm talking about downsizing the file size in kbs. In order to fit the Cafe's limits, you have to downsize the sig to 12kb. In the process, you lose quality in order to fit the limit. Didn't you use some "Save for Web"-type feature in the GIMP?
Big Nasty
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bucsfan04 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:48 am

I just saved it as a jpeg file and then hosted it using imageshack.us. What you said seems right though, about the downsizing. Is there a way to keep it from happening?
bucsfan04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby Big Nasty » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:00 pm

bucsfan04 wrote:I just saved it as a jpeg file and then hosted it using imageshack.us. What you said seems right though, about the downsizing. Is there a way to keep it from happening?

Well, Imageshack doesn't automatically downsize images. It's pretty much impossible to have a sharp sig with the limits here so you really can't fix it unless it's well under limits. Now, if you were to use the sig for another site just save it with the highest quality.
Big Nasty
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bucsfan04 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:16 pm

Big Nasty wrote:
bucsfan04 wrote:I just saved it as a jpeg file and then hosted it using imageshack.us. What you said seems right though, about the downsizing. Is there a way to keep it from happening?

Well, Imageshack doesn't automatically downsize images. It's pretty much impossible to have a sharp sig with the limits here so you really can't fix it unless it's well under limits. Now, if you were to use the sig for another site just save it with the highest quality.

Alright, thanks for your help.
bucsfan04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests