Bonds doesn't plan to play this year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds doesn't plan to play this year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby swityak11 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:42 pm

Doesn't hurt me much as I grabbed him in the 10th rd for the stretch run. I'm still in 1st anyways but his bat would've locked me up.
swityak11
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:49 pm

bd3521 wrote:I was telling people 3 months ago to drop Bonds. It was pretty clear. This should not shock anyone.

No offense, but just because this came true doesn't make you a prophet of some sort. :-b

Using a DL spot on the off chance that he did come back is by no means a bad move. Just think how horrible a person would have felt if he DID come back.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:53 pm

So while Bonds is hiding out from the roids police, does insurance cover 2/3 of the Balco Kid's salary for the Giants or are the Giants the one getting shafted.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bd3521 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:55 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
bd3521 wrote:I was telling people 3 months ago to drop Bonds. It was pretty clear. This should not shock anyone.

No offense, but just because this came true doesn't make you a prophet of some sort. :-b

Using a DL spot on the off chance that he did come back is by no means a bad move. Just think how horrible a person would have felt if he DID come back.

I was not saying I was a prophet. Dude the writing was on the wall. Everytime he had an update he pushed his return date back. He had an update on his website for christ sakes. He was clearly trying to keep whatever fan base he has with false hope.
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:56 pm

Hi smedia agent blew this one though. Announcing you are out for the season the same day they catch Palmeiro further makes everyone believe he is just hiding out from the testing.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:59 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Hi smedia agent blew this one though. Announcing you are out for the season the same day they catch Palmeiro further makes everyone believe he is just hiding out from the testing.

Where in the "steroid testing rules" does it say you can't test injured players? :-?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:01 pm

Not sure, but if he is on the 60-day DL, he is not on the 40 man roster, so I would think the testing rules do not apply.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Rirruto » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:04 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Not sure, but if he is on the 60-day DL, he is not on the 40 man roster, so I would think the testing rules do not apply.

He is on the 40 man
http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/NASA ... sp?c_id=sf
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby mweir145 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:07 pm

Rirruto wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Not sure, but if he is on the 60-day DL, he is not on the 40 man roster, so I would think the testing rules do not apply.

He is on the 40 man
http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/NASA ... sp?c_id=sf

Yes, I'm pretty sure he's not hiding from any steroid testing. MLB can test him anytime they want.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:17 pm

Then why wouldn't he be number 1 through 10 on the roid testing regimen? He should be peeing into a cup twice a day.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers