Atlanta's rotation- Davies or J. Sosa and Thompson's return - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Atlanta's rotation- Davies or J. Sosa and Thompson's return

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Atlanta's rotation- Davies or J. Sosa and Thompson's return

Postby fisher person » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:38 pm

Anyone know who is going to get kicked out of the roation when Thompson comes back soon?

I hope its sosa, I'm looking at getting Davies off wire. Any chance Sosa could go to the pen, so Davies keeps his spot???
fisher person
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby daullaz » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:56 am

From what I heard, Sosa will be back in the bullpen, where they can use him every other or every third game. Sosa, Farnsworth, Reitsma is a pretty good 'pen, if you ask me.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:56 am

I would also presume that upon Thomson's return, Sosa goes to the pen and, upon Hampton's return, Davies will go back to the minors. Since Davies is the starter by nature, and Sosa more of a MR-6th starter, I just can't see the Braves sending Davies down after Thomson's return unless they don't want to mess with the way their BP is set up right now (since someone has to get sent down when Thomson returns).
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby Nerfherders » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:51 pm

I'm not sure who will come back first, Hampton or Thomson, but I'm sure that Davies will be sent down first and then Sosa moved to the bullpen if/when they get all 5 back in the rotation. Sosa has been much better at starting, and in my opinion saved the Braves pitching staff in their darkest hour. He will be rewarded with as many starts as Bobby can give him.

There is also a precedent: when Hampton came back for all of one start, it was Davies who was sent down.

By September the staff should look like this:

Smoltz
Hudson
Ramirez
Hampton
Thomson

Reitsma (CL)
Farnsworth (8th)
Boyer (7th)
Sosa (7th)
Brower (6th)
Foster (lefty)