Giambi.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giambi....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:07 pm

echizen wrote:i hear that the reason why he is hitting like this is because he gave up on ball-placement and just smack the ball as hard as he could. not necessarily juice.

Thats what I said earlier in the thread.

At first Mattingly wanted to get him to hit to the opposite field more. When that didn't work, he just told him to hit it hard. His swing is noticably much shorter than it used to be and he's simply just hitting it hard and that means to RF, where the short porch has helped him out on a few of the HR's.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:58 pm

Given the fact that Giambi is owed 80 someodd million dollars, he would have to be the world's bniggest imbecile to put all that at risk by using roids again. No one is that stupid. Evenif you believed he would want to cheat again, you would have to be one incredible moron to risk losing that type of money.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Trot Nixon » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:24 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Given the fact that Giambi is owed 80 someodd million dollars, he would have to be the world's bniggest imbecile to put all that at risk by using roids again. No one is that stupid. Evenif you believed he would want to cheat again, you would have to be one incredible moron to risk losing that type of money.

Ya no one is that stupid to use steroids again especially after they just got their 3000th hit which pretty much guarantees a spot in the Hall not to mention 500 HR :-?

Test Giambi and Sosa
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby donny23 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:56 pm

People, watch a Yankees game or two before you make accusations. When Giambi was off earlier this year, his swing was awful and he was showing no confidence. He hadn't really been playing for the most part of a year after all. He was on the bench for 10 games in May. June he started lifting his batting average. FYI, his OBP has been about .400 or better all year, even when he was batting .220 or whatever in May. Anyone who has watched the games has seen a transformation in his swing. He's no longer bailing out on his swing. Earlier this year, Mattingly was trying to get him to spread the ball to all fields. That experiment was a disaster and Mattingly has encouraged Giambi to go back to the strength of his swing...a straight out pull hitter. Since then, his balance has been MUCH better and he's started putting it together. FYI, he only has 11 doubles this year. His power isn't completely where it was. Most of his homers have been cheap Yankee Stadium HR's kind of like Tino's 10 HR streak. Anyone think Tino is juiced because he was a lefty with a hot streak in Yankee Stadium? I didn't think so.

As for the guy who asked if he's bigger, I haven't noticed a huge diference overall, but I will say his forearms are looking bigger for whatever that is worth.
donny23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:08 pm

The Jury wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:I don't think he is, and I don't want to believe he is, but there's always a chance. Just because he hasn't gotten caught like Raffy yet, doesn't mean he won't. I really hope this is pure Giambi though, no roids.

Palmeiro got caught? when? 8-o

Today.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby dyuen87 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:15 pm

Trot Nixon wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Given the fact that Giambi is owed 80 someodd million dollars, he would have to be the world's bniggest imbecile to put all that at risk by using roids again. No one is that stupid. Evenif you believed he would want to cheat again, you would have to be one incredible moron to risk losing that type of money.

Ya no one is that stupid to use steroids again especially after they just got their 3000th hit which pretty much guarantees a spot in the Hall not to mention 500 HR :-?

Test Giambi and Sosa

test sosa?! hahahaha have yu been living under a rock this year? look at the guy he's pathetic now. pretty obvious he's off the juice.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Trot Nixon » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:06 pm

dyuen87 wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:

Test Giambi and Sosa

test sosa?! hahahaha have yu been living under a rock this year? look at the guy he's pathetic now. pretty obvious he's off the juice.
he hit 3 homers last week, test him :-b
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby no2leads » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:17 pm

i posted this around May 5 about Giambi i am genius (OK so i got 1 thing right all year) and i dropped him about a week after i posted it.

"can't decide what to do with him either- he probably still will have a real good 4-6 weeks, most likely after the all-star break. remember how much time he missed last year, it's going to take a while. hard to cut ties with guy in middle of that lineup. def plan on him occupying bench spot for another month or so."
no2leads
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Jury » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:51 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
blankman wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:
bd3521 wrote:LET MLB DO ITS JOB PEOPLE. If he was on, we would know through Selig.

Nothing to see here. :-t

The guy had a friggin TUMOR and parasites.

if mlb really do its job, bonds, giambi along with at least 10% of the league will be gone

That doesn't make any sense. Current tests do not test for what they were doing last year or in years before then. Its about what they did this year, and most believe that Giambi for example isn't taking them now and thats why he's not "gone."

Well said. Everyone needs to relax with the unsubstantiated claims. We don't know, everyone has an opinion but quite frankly none of them matter. All that matters is his drug test. Until it comes back positive, there really isn't much to discuss.

Yes. Innocent until found to be guilty ;-D
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:17 pm

Speak for yourself...if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is a duck.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers